Rachel Roberts (model)
April 8, 1978 |
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
|Spouse(s)||Andrew Niccol (2002–present; 2 children)|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
Rachel Roberts (born April 8, 1978) is a Canadian model and actress. She was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Roberts has appeared in numerous ad campaigns, most notably for Biotherm Skin Care Products, and she became well known in the United States as the title character in the film S1m0ne.
When Roberts began modeling, she began to work for magazines such as Elle, Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Glamour, Marie Claire and the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue of 2000, Victoria's Secret Country 1998, 1999 and Victoria's Secret lookbook 2000, 2001.
Signing on to be skin-care line Biotherm's official model, she gained even more popularity by posing in campaigns for labels such as Ralph Lauren, Gap, Bottega Veneta, Ferre, Sisley, and Victoria's Secret. She has walked for countless designers such as Chloé, Valentino, Givenchy, Fendi, Blumarine, Roberto Cavalli, Comme des Garçons, Paul Smith and Balmain. She also was seen in the European advertisements of Nivea.
Film and television roles
Roberts made her film debut as the title character of the movie S1m0ne in 2002 performing opposite Al Pacino. The studio attempted to keep her identity a secret during production, and did not accord her credit in the initial theatrical release, in an effort to maintain the illusion that her character was a virtual computer-created entity. After release her identity became known and she received credit in the video release. She later married the film's writer, producer, and director, Andrew Niccol. They have two children: son Jack and daughter Ava. She has guest-starred on such television series as Entourage, Ugly Betty and Numb3rs. She was given a recurring role on the ABC one-hour drama FlashForward. In 2011, she played Carrera in the movie In Time opposite Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried. She appeared in the series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as Karen Chevera in the episode "Unplugged" (2012). She played Soul Fleur in the 2013 movie The Host. Roberts appeared on Mad Men opposite Jon Hamm in the episode "Tale of Two Cities". She starred in Rihanna's music video "Bitch Better Have My Money" which is released on July 2, 2015. She was cast as Cassandra in Andre Niccol's upcoming sci-fi thriller film Anon.
- Liz Bell, Vancouver (Mother Agency)
- NEXT London
- NEXT New York
- NEXT Los Angeles
- NEXT Paris
- NEXT Milan
- VIEW Spain
- David Germain, "'Simone' Gets A Life of Her Own; Rachel Roberts Emerges as the Real Woman Behind Unbilled Role of a Digital Actress", The Washington Post, August 24, 2002 – via HighBeam Research (subscription required).
- Alison Jones, "Culture: Rachel Is an Image of Pixel Perfection; Computers Cannot Replace Real Actors, as Alison Jones Finds out from Rachel Roberts", Birmingham Post, October 30, 2002 – via HighBeam Research (subscription required).
- Nigel Dempster, "Rachel's expecting a baby . . . and it's not just an illusion", The Mail on Sunday, December 29, 2002 – via HighBeam Research (subscription required).
- "Rachel Roberts and Andrew Niccol welcome daughter", People, March 3, 2008.
|This article about a Canadian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a Canadian model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|