|Born||August 10, 1974|
Simmons graduated from Vassar College and was a Rhodes Scholar at Lincoln College, Oxford where she began studying female aggression. She is a native of Rockville, Maryland, her mother Claire is a Jewish historian and her father Luiz R. S. Simmons is an attorney and was a member of the Maryland General Assembly.
On September 1, 2009 Simmons was interviewed on NBC's The Today Show about her new book "The Curse of the Good Girl". In March 2011, Rachel Simmons gave a speech about empowering girls to Qualters Middle School in Mansfield, Massachusetts to sixth and seventh grade girls.
On April 6, 2015, Simmons was the keynote speaker at the "Educating Girls: Be Well, Lead Well" conference held in New York City and sponsored by the New York State Association of Independent Schools and the National Coalition of Girls Schools.
- Odd Girl Out: The Hidden Culture of Aggression in Girls. New York: Harcourt, 2002. ISBN 978-0-15-100604-5
- Odd Girl Speaks Out: Girls Write About Bullies, Cliques, Popularity, and Jealousy. Orlando, Fla: Harcourt, 2004. ISBN 978-0-15-602815-8
- The Curse of the Good Girl: Raising Authentic Girls with Courage and Confidence. New York: The Penguin Press, 2009. ISBN 978-1-59420-218-6
- Enough as She Is: How to Help Girls Move Beyond Impossible Standards of Success to Live Healthy, Happy, and Fulfilling Lives: New York: Harper, 2018 ISBN 978-0-06-243839-3
- Perfectionism among teens is rampant (and we’re not helping) Newspaper Article in the Washington Post, January 25, 2018
- Official Site
- Rachel Simmons on IMDb
- Teenage Girls And Social Media: Tips For Parents From A Best-Selling Author, All Things Considered, August 8, 2011
- Rachel Simmons Video produced by Makers: Women Who Make America
- "Rachel Simmons, author of The Curse of the Good Girl, on tour September 2009". TLC Book Tours. Retrieved 2009-09-02.
- "The Today Show". msnbc. Archived from the original on 2009-09-07. Retrieved 2009-09-02.
- LaHoud, Susan (March 6, 2011). "Dealing with drama". The Sun Chronicle. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- Odd Girl Out on IMDb
- A Girl's Life on IMDb
- Simmons, Rachel (25 January 2018). "Perfectionism among teens is rampant (and we're not helping)". Washington Post.