Zoe in February 2012
|Born||Rachel Zoe Rosenzweig|
September 1, 1971
New York, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||George Washington University|
|Occupation||Fashion stylist, designer|
Rodger Berman (m. 1998)
Rachel Zoe Rosenzweig (born September 1, 1971) is an American fashion designer, businesswoman, and writer. She has been involved in the fashion industry for nearly two decades. In 2008, the first season of her Bravo reality television series The Rachel Zoe Project debuted.
Early life and education
She was born Rachel Zoe Rosenzweig in New York, New York, the daughter of Leslie and Ron Rosenzweig. She has a sister, Pamela Rosenzweig. Zoe dropped her last name in favor of her middle when she began her career as a fashion stylist, as Rosenzweig sounded "too Jewish".
Zoe grew up in Millburn, New Jersey and graduated from Millburn High School. She studied psychology and sociology at George Washington University, where she met her future husband, Rodger Berman. After graduating, she moved to New York City to pursue a career in fashion.
Zoe began her career as an editor. She does not have any formal fashion training. As a stylist, she has worked with Brenda Song, Backstreet Boys, Lindsay Lohan, Mischa Barton, Mario Orejel, Nicole Richie, and Keira Knightley. Zoe's current client list includes Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Garner, Kate Hudson, Kate Beckinsale, Debra Messing, Demi Moore, Liv Tyler, Joy Bryant, Molly Sims, Beau Garett, Eva Mendes, Paula Patton, Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Lawrence, Miley Cyrus, and Pauly Shore.
Zoe, with the help of reality TV star Nicole Richie, became the pioneer of the 'boho-chic' look. This look consists of oversized jewelry, loose-fitting dresses and shirts, paired with a slim frame.
Other notable collaborations:
- Collaborated with accessories maker Judith Leiber on a line of bags.
- Served as the face of Samsung's BlackJack cell phone national ad campaign.
- Consultant for Piperlime.com, Gap, Inc's shoe and handbag website.
- Style A to Zoe: The Art of Fashion, Beauty and Everything Glamour, book co-written with Rose Apodaca in 2007.
- Launched "Luxe Rachel Zoe collection. The collection was exclusive to QVC and consisted of handbags, jewelry, scarves, sunglasses, and outerwear.
- Launched DreamDry, a salon in New York City with locations soon to open across the country, alongside co-founder Robin Moraetes.
The series' second season premiered in August 2009. Bravo announced they would be picking up a third season of the show which premiered in August 2010 and covered the departure of Zoe's longtime assistant, Taylor Jacobson, while introducing her new assistant, Ashley.
The fifth season aired during spring 2013, focusing on the development of her collection and other projects like blowout salon DreamDry and the preparation for the release of her second book, "Living in Style: Inspiration and Advice for Everyday Glamour"
The Rachel Zoe Project was canceled after five seasons.
The Zoe Report
Zoe founded a free daily newspaper called "The Zoe Report" in August 2009. The newsletter featured items that she was coveting in the worlds of fashion, beauty and lifestyle, and had over 750,000 subscribers. In 2011, she launched Zoe Beautiful focused on all things beauty.
In 2015 The Zoe Report launched "Box of Style" — a new service that delivers a selection of Rachel Zoe-approved goods to subscribers' doorsteps four times a year  Consumers may purchase a single box for $100 or pay $350 for an annual subscription. Subscribers receive items valued at over $300 quarterly each year, including one "hero" item that retails for over $100. This special piece is revealed in advance, but all other items (which may included clothing, beauty, accessories, home or lifestyle items) are a surprise.
In 2011, Zoe released her first contemporary collection of separates, footwear, and handbags influenced by her vintage-inspired, 60s and 70s style. The collection is available in over 275 department stores including Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus. In 2012 Rachel announced that her line will expand to include jewelry and cold weather accessories. Zoe's brand is not participating in the 2014 New York Fashion Week.
Living in Style
In March 2014, Zoe published her second book, "Living in Style: Inspiration and Advice for Everyday Glamour."
Collaboration with Maxi/Cosi
She teamed up with Quinny and Maxi-Cosi for a 2016 collection of baby strollers and car seats.
Zoe met investment banker Rodger Berman in 1991, when both were attending college in Washington, D.C. They married in 1998, and have two sons, Skyler Morrison Berman (born March 22, 2011) and Kaius "Kai" Jagger Berman (born December 2013).
- "Happy Birthday Rachel Zoe". nymag.com. September 1, 2010.
- "Rachel Zoe Confirms: I'm Pregnant". people.com. November 17, 2010.
- "Rachel Zoe". Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Aleksander, Irina. "To Rachel Zoe, Style is Not in the Eye of the Beholder". Observer. Retrieved 2012-10-16.
- Staff. "What Happened, Rachel Zoe?", Star (magazine), December 17, 2008. Accessed February 27, 2011. "'Rachel always seemed to have a normal body weight; I'd estimate that she weighed around 115 lbs. back then,' says an ex-classmate at Millburn High School near her hometown of Short Hills, N.J. 'But from what I've seen of her now, she looks like she's 25 or 30 lbs. thinner than she used to be. White girl, y'all'"
- "Rachel Zoe" Retrieved 4 June 2015
-  Archived July 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Rachel Zoe's A-list style stars". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- "Rachel Zoe's A-list style stars". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- Prabhakar, Hitha (2006-11-14). "In The 'It' Bag". forbes.com. Retrieved 2009-09-22.
- Barshad, Amos (2007-01-01). "Skinny Starlet Stylist's 'Slim' Cell Sell". nymag.com. Retrieved 2009-09-22.
- "Rachel Zoe for Piperlime". Who What Wear. Archived from the original on 2009-01-25. Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- "Rachel Zoe - ABOUT RACHEL ZOE". www.rachelzoe.com. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-05-02. Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- Press release Lindex, 2011-02-09
- Bellafante, Ginia (2008-09-15). "A Stylist Devoted to Making Idleness Look Chic". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-09-22.
- Martin, Denise (2009-08-24). "The war's over on 'The Rachel Zoe Project'". latimes.com. Retrieved 2009-09-22.
- "Bravo Expands Unscripted Programming By 20% And Unveils Premiere Dates For Returning Shows". tvbythenumbers.com. January 10, 2010.
- "Danielah Maryamian is the new Tay". nymag.com. January 2010.
- "The Rachel Zoe Project". bravotv.com. 3 December 2008. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- Mitzeliotis, Katrina. "Rachel Zoe Confirms 'The Rachel Zoe Project' Is Over". Hollywood Life. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (July 15, 2015). "Rachel Zoe Gets Fashion Talk Show at Lifetime". Variety. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- "The Zoe Report - Style Articles, Fashion Advice, Beauty Help & More from Rachel Zoe". www.thezoereport.com. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- "About Us - The Zoe Report". www.thezoereport.com. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- "Rachel Zoe Launches 'Box Of Style' Subscription Service". Fashion Times. 2015-03-03. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- Eliza, Brooke (March 2, 2015). "Rachel Zoe Subscription Service". Retrieved February 1, 2016.
- FN Staff (18 February 2014). "FN Spy the Magazine: The Zoe Report". FN. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Zoe, Rachel (25 March 2014). "Living in Style: Inspiration and Advice for Everyday Glamour". Grand Central Life & Style. Retrieved 4 April 2018 – via Amazon.
- "Rachel Zoe x Quinny and Maxi-Cosi Collection Poised to Make a Powerful Fashion Statement in Strollers and Car Seats". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 2015-11-01.
- "Married to Fashion: Rachel Zoe and Rodger Berman". Harper's Bazaar. 2011-01-20. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Rodger Berman". www.bravotv.com. Bravo TV. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- Johnson, Zach (2013-06-24). "Rachel Zoe Steps Out After Second Pregnancy Announcement: Picture". Us Weekly. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Rachel Zoe Welcomes Son Skyler Morrison". People. 2011-03-24. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rachel Zoe.|