Rachelle Hruska at Big Omaha 2010
March 7, 1983 |
|Known for||Guest of a Guest|
Hruska was raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, by her parents, Ron and Robin Hruska. Hruska attended Pius X High School. After graduating from Creighton University in 2005, she moved to New York City where she worked in finance for two and a half years before co-founding Guest of a Guest, a new media website, in May 2007 with Cameron Winklevoss. GuestofaGuest.com (GofaG) chronicles the social and cultural lives of young socialites through editorial coverage and event photography.
In 2012, Hruska purchased Winklevoss' stake in the company, becoming the sole owner of the website.
Hruska is a founder and CEO of GuestofaGuest.com. Guest of a Guest has offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Washington, DC, and the Hamptons. Since its inception, GofaG has hosted more over 15,000 events and has taken millions of event images for its photo directory of both celebrity and non-celebrity guests. Guest of a Guest launched a Hamptons website in the summer of 2008, a Los Angeles branch in March 2010 and a Washington, DC branch in September 2011. Guest of a Guest first launched a daily newsletter in the summer of 2009. In 2012, the site began to cover global cultural events such as Cannes, Art Basel, Paris Fashion Week, and the Oscars.
Recognition and awards
In May 2009, the New York Post named Hruska "The Queen Bee" of the new wave of web scribes, noting GofG's "huge" readership (2 million page views a month), and its range from "uptown balls to charity benefits hosted by bloggers." Hruska told the Post "We [GofG] don't limit ourselves to any one given circle," and divulged that her secrets were "Making community members the celebrities" and "positive energy."
In 2011, Fast Company named Hruska the one of the Most Influential Women in Technology.
In November 2012, NY Daily News touted Rachelle as "New York's queen of the scene" upon the announcement of her Scene Magazine cover, however, she has said, "I want to watch the party on my screen, but I never want to go."
- http://rachellehruska.com/ RachelleHruska.com
- Hoffman, Jan (June 19, 2009). "Working The Room For GuestofaGuest.com". New York Times.
- "Guest of a Guest: About Us". Guest of a Guest. 2014. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- Heyman, Marshall (July 11, 2012). "Party Site Founder Goes Solo". Wall Street Journal.
- Barry Samaha (30 April 2014). "Rachelle Hruska MacPherson, Founder of Guest of A Guest, Gives Us the VIP Treatment". ElizabethStreet.com. Archived from the original on 21 February 2015. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- Sean MacPherson and Rachelle Hruska: Montauk's Power Couple http://hamptons-magazine.com/home-page/articles/sean-macpherson-rachelle-hruska-montauk#bkWuWEghIK8qvEsM.99
- The Guest Of A Guest LA Launch Party!, http://guestofaguest.com/los-angeles/announcements/the-guest-of-a-guest-la-launch-party GuestofaGuest.com
- Dornic, Matt (September 15, 2011). "Guest of a Guest to Re-Launch Under Pyle". Fishbowl DC. Adweek.
- Meltzer, Marisa (May 24, 2009). "Blue Blogs: Meet The New Wave Of Great-Gatsbys--Web Scribes Who Chronicle The Rich And Almost Famous". New York Post.
- Freeman, Nate (August 8, 2011). "Rachelle Hruska Plus One! Yes, the Guest of a Guest Founder Is With Child". The Observer.
- 2011 Most Influential Women in Technology http://www.fastcompany.com/women-in-tech/2011/media/rachelle-hruska
- Justin Bieber has second thoughts on breakup and looks determined to win back Selena Gomez http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/belieb-justin-selena-back-article-1.1201567?pgno=2#ixzz2DJ8vpc00 NY Daily News
- The Social Networker: how a wholesome Catholic schoolgirl made her mark NYC’s social circuit http://sceneinny.com/2012/12/the-social-networker-how-a-wholesome-catholic-schoolgirl-made-her-mark-nycs-social-circuit/ Scene Magazine
- Out of site: Surf’s up at party blogger’s downtown digs http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/jobs/out_of_site_3uRvS6kAR3m8VKdbz9UHNJ#.UE3jGszvI0I.facebook
- "13 under 30". New York Post. 8 January 2013. Retrieved 22 July 2014.