Rachna College of Engineering and Technology
Rachna College of Engineering and Technology, Jora Siyan, Ghakkhar,Teh,Wizerabad Distt.Gujranwala, Pakistan, Gujranwala, Pakistan
|Website||RCET's Official Website|
The college was inaugurated by the Governor of Punjab on 15 January 2003. The college was affiliated to the University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore. In 2006, College was declared a constituent college of University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore. The college was started with the efforts of Kh. Arshad Javaid Project Director of Rachna College of Engineering and Technology and constructor manager Tariq Masood. He had been working without remuneration to serve the nation. Khwaja Arshad Javaid is an industrialist/director Khawaja Group of Industries. It is under the supervision of Dr. Rana Abdul Jabbar Khan. The program is accredited by the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC).
The College Situated at the hub of the Engineering Industries of the country, Rachna College derives its name from the lands stretching between the rivers, the Ravi and the Chenab. The College was inaugurated by Lt. Gen. (R) Khalid Maqbool Governor of Punjab on 15 January 2003, with the induction of the first batch of 105 students. The College is located on the left bank of Nokhar Branch Canal about seven kilometers off (East) G.T. Road, between Gakhar and Wazirabad. The Rachna College of Engineering & Technology, Gujranwala campus is spread over an area of about 75 acres, surrounded by a canal on the south and lush agricultural land on the remaining three sides. In addition to this, about 48 acres of abutting land has been purchased with the aim of expansion in the near future. College Status RCET is a constituent college of University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore. The up gradation of RCET as Rachna University of Engineering & Technology has been announced on the directions of Prime Minister of Pakistan. All the procedures regarding admissions, conduct of examinations and other degree requirements are governed by the University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore PROGRAMS OFFERED Engineering is a creative process involving the design of systems, components and processes to meet desired needs. Throughout RCET curriculum, students gain experience in both the fundamentals of design as well as real Engineering problems. The laboratory work takes each student through all phases of a design project, emphasizing hands-on experiences while providing classroom guidance.
The status of Rachna College has been promoted from affiliated college of UET Lahore to constituent college of UET Lahore.
The college consists of five departments:
- Department of Electrical Engineering (Assistant Prof. Dr. Haroon Farooq, Head of Department)
- Department of Mechanical Engineering (Prof. Dr. Hameed Ullah Mughal, HOD & Principle RCET, Former Chairman Mechanical Engineering Department UET,Lahore)
- Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering (Assistant Prof. Dr. Imran Kausuri, Head of Department)
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering (Assistant Prof. Dr. Tayyeb Mehmood, Head of Department)
- Department of Natural Sciences and Humanities (Assistant Prof. Dr. Majid Khan, Head of Department).
The college provides BSc level education with degrees in
- M.Sc in Electrical Engineering
- B.Sc in Electrical Engineering
- B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Sc in Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
- B.Sc(Hons) in Computer Science
Area of specialization
The areas of specialization of the college is
The specialization offered in BSc and MSc Electrical Engineering is Power