January 9, 1994 |
Opava, Czech Republic
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||213 lb (97 kg; 15 st 3 lb)|
|NHL team||Dallas Stars|
|NHL Draft||13th overall, 2012
Radek Faksa (born January 9, 1994) is a Czech professional ice hockey centre currently playing for the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League (NHL). In his rookie season in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), he was the League's leading rookie scorer whilst playing for the Kitchener Rangers. Faksa was drafted 13th overall by the Dallas Stars in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. Scored his first NHL goal against the Carolina Hurricanes October 11, 2015.
Faksa began his ice hockey career in his birth city of Opava, although at age 11, his single mother was struggling to fund his hockey career. Faksa and his family received an offer from HC Oceláři Třinec for Faksa to play in Třinec's system, whereupon the Faksas accepted the offer; Faksa moved alone to Třinec, where he lived by himself in a hotel paid for by his team until the age of 17.
In his first season with the Rangers, in 2011–12, Faksa primarily played on the team's second line, scoring 29 goals and 37 assists for 66 points in 62 games in his first season of North American hockey. Faksa's draft stock rose throughout the season and he solidified himself as a top prospect, ranking fourth on the NHL Central Scouting Bureau's midterm ranking of North American skaters. He was then selected to participate in the 2012 CHL Top Prospects Game, where he won the “Showdown Breakaway Challenge” in the Top Prospects Skills Competition. Faksa finished the season as the rookie leading scorer in the OHL, also finishing second in voting for the Emms Family Award, awarded annually to the OHL's top first-year player; the Award ultimately went to 15-year-old defenceman Aaron Ekblad.
On June 22, 2012, Faksa was drafted 13th overall by the Dallas Stars in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. He was the first Czech taken in the first round of an NHL Entry Draft since Jakub Voráček's selection in 2007. In addition, Faksa was drafted seventh overall by the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL)'s Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk in the 2012 KHL Junior Draft.
On July 6, 2012, Faksa signed an entry-level contract with Dallas. Upon completing his junior career with Sudbury, on April 3, 2014, Faksa was reassigned by the Stars to their AHL affiliate, the Texas Stars.
Faksa scored his first NHL goal on November 6th, 2015 vs. the Carolina Hurricanes. 
Regular season and playoffs
|2009–10||HC Oceláři Třinec||Czech U20||36||19||19||38||52||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||HC Oceláři Třinec||Czech U20||24||9||6||15||12||2||2||2||4||4|
- "Radek Faksa drafted by the Dallas Stars". aktualne.cz. 2013-07-02. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- First-year success - The Whig Standard - Ontario, CA
- Faksa showing game translates easily to North America - NHL.com - 2012 NHL Draft
- NHL.com - Skills competition winners - NHL.com - 2012 NHL Draft
- "Dallas Stars Prospect Update: Radek Faksa, Gemel Smith Traded Within The OHL".
- "Faksa Signs Deal with the Stars". The Record.
- "Dallas Stars Reassign Forward Radek Faksa To Texas Stars". Dallas Stars.
- "Radek Faksa scores first goal of his NHL career Friday". Dallas News.
- Radek Faksa's player profile at Ontario Hockey League
- Radek Faksa's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Radek Faksa's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|Dallas Stars first round draft pick