|Born||1 May 1995 (age 23)|
Radhika Madan is an Indian television and film actress. Before her debut, Madan used to work as a dance instructor in New Delhi. Madan started her career by playing the role of Ishani in Ekta Kapoor's Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi on Colors TV. She won the 'Best Debut' Award at Zee Gold Awards 2015. She was also seen in Colors TV's dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded. Madan has debuted in Bollywood with Vishal Bhardwaj's Pataakha, for which she was nominated for Best Actress Critics at the 64th Filmfare Awards and won Best Female Debut at the 25th Screen Awards.She also owns a Radhika Madan Official App.
Early life and family
Radhika Madan was born on 1 May 1995 to a Punjabi Family in Delhi. She attended Delhi Public School, in Mathura Road, New Delhi and completed her graduation from Jesus and Mary College, University of Delhi, New Delhi. She started dancing when she was in 8th standard. She has learned Jazz, Hip-Hop, Ballet and other dance forms, and even worked as a dance instructor. Apart from dancing she used to play cricket and was a tomboy in childhood
Madan started her career by acting in the daily soap Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi that ran for one and a half year on Colors TV. She also participated in the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 8)
After trying her stint on television, Madan made her feature film debut with Vishal Bhardwaj's comedy drama Pataakha, alongside Sanya Malhotra. Based on the short story Do Behnen by Charan Singh Pathik, the story revolved around two sisters in Rajasthan who are always on conflict. The story was based on the wives of Pathik's brothers. Both Madan and Malhotra met the real women for the dialect and the character's nuances. For the preparation, both Malhotra and Madan stayed in Ronsi village near Jaipur and learned the Rajasthani dialect; they also got accustomed with milking buffaloes, thatching roofs, plastering the walls with dung and walking for long distances while balancing matkas full of water on their head and one around their waist. They also had to put on 10 kgs of weight. Raja Sen wrote in his review, "Radhika Madan positively shines in this bossy role, unwavering in dialect and determination."
Madan then appeared in Vasan Bala's action comedy Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota. It premiered in the Midnight Madness section of the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival, where it won the People's Choice Award: Midnight Madness. The film was also screened at the 2018 MAMI Film Festival where it received standing ovation. Madan mentioned that she was auditioning for Laila Majnu (2018) when got to know about Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota and chose the latter film because of its "uniqueness". She performed all the stunts herself and watched several classic action films for days to famliarise herself with the genre. She was also injured and bruises while the physical training; she also followed a strict diet and a daily routine of exercises. Pradeep Menon of Firstpost called her a "delight as Supri" and noted that Madan "manages to make it work by sheer will and talent" despite the character having an "inconsistent treatment". He further said that she "sparkles in the action sequences."
|2014||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7||Guest/ Promote Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi||Colors TV|
|2014–16||Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi||Ishaani Vaghela/ Ishaani Parekh||Colors TV|
|2014–15||Box Cricket League||Contestant||Sony TV|
|2015||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8||Contestant||Colors TV|
|2015||Nach Baliye 7||Guest / Support Shakti Arora||Star Plus|
|2016||Box Cricket League 2||Contestant||Colors TV|
|2017||Cinta Di Pangkuan Himalaya||Saara||Antv|
|2018||Pataakha||Champa 'Badki' Kumari|
|2019||Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota||Supri|
Cinta Dari India (2017)
Awards and nominations
|2015||Zee Gold Awards||Best Debut Actress||Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi||Won|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Fresh Face (Female)||Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi||Won|
|Television Style Awards||Best Stylish Jodi (Shared with Shakti Arora)||Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi||Won|
|Gold Awards||Best Actress (Female)||Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi||Nominated|
|Indian Telly Awards||Fresh New Face (Female)||Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi||Won|
|Kalakar Awards||Best Actress||Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi||Won|
|Asian Viewer Television Awards (AVTA)||Best Female actor of the year||Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi||Nominated|
|ITA||Youth Popular Icon Award||Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi||Won|
|TIIFA||Most Popular Face of the year||Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi||Won|
|Indian Telly Awards||Best Jodi on TV||Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi||Nominated|
|Television Style Awards||Best Stylish Beti||Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi||Nominated|
|2018||Star Screen Awards||Most Promising Newcomer (Female)||Pataakha||Won|
Advertisements and endorsements
Radhika appeared in a Dish Tv
- "Radhika Madan to debut with Ekta Kapoor's show". Deccan Chronicle. 20 June 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "Happy Birthday Radhika Madan: 6 pictures of the gorgeous Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi actress you cannot miss". India Today. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "Radhika Madan: I wasn't keen on doing the same thing again on TV - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "Radhika Madan bags Ekta Kapoor's new show". The Times of India. 31 May 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "Ekta Kapoor handpicks newbie Radhika for TV show". DNA India. 30 May 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "Gold Awards 2015: Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi's Radhika Wins Best Debut Award; Appears With Spl Friend!". www.filmibeat.com.
- "Pataakha: 'Dangal' girl Sanya Malhotra and Radhika Madan wrap up the Vishal Bhardwaj film". dna. 2018-07-13. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "'Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi' wraps up shoot; fans brace for a dramatic ending". International Business Times. 6 February 2016. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Why 'Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi' had to wrap up". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Radhika Madan aka Ishani of Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi eliminated". India Today. 13 August 2015. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- Jhunjhunwala, Udita (14 September 2018). "Blood is thicker". Mint. Retrieved 26 September 2018.
- Iyer, Sanyukta (7 April 2018). "Sanya Malhotra, Radhika Madan in Vishal Bhardwaj's next". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 26 September 2018.
- Countinho, Natasha (23 June 2018). "Vishal Bhardwaj's Pataakha opens on September 28". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 26 September 2018.
- "This is why Sanya Malhotra is gaining weight for Vishal Bhardwaj's film". Hindustan Times. 11 May 2018. Retrieved 26 September 2018.
- Sen, Raja (28 September 2018). "Pataakha review: The new Vishal Bhardwaj film is colourful, noisy and dazzling". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 29 September 2018.
- "Vasan Bala's 'Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota' to premiere at TIFF". Business Standard. 10 August 2018. Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- Singh, Suhani (17 September 2018). "Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota wins audience award at TIFF". India Today. Retrieved 4 October 2018.
- "A full house: 'Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota' gets standing ovation at MAMI Mumbai Film Festival". The Economic Times. 27 October 2018. Retrieved 28 October 2018.
- "Radhika Madan reveals why she chose Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota over Laila Majnu". Times Now. 27 October 2018. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- Menon, Pradeep (17 October 2018). "Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota movie review: A cocktail of gorgeous action sequences, absurd laugh-out-loud moments". Firstpost. Retrieved 1 November 2018.