7 May 1949
|Occupation||Co-Founder, Co-Chairperson NDTV|
Radhika Roy (born 7 May 1949), née Radhika Singh, is an Indian journalist, and the co-founder of New Delhi Television (NDTV). Following a ten year career in print journalism, she switched to television in 1987 and co-founded NDTV, which she has led for more than twenty-five years.
In 1988, she launched New Delhi Television (NDTV) with her husband, Prannoy Roy. He credits her with being "the guiding vision and force behind NDTV", and others[who?] say that she is deeply involved in all aspects of the day-to-day running of the organization. She was Managing Director of NDTL[clarification needed] from 1988 to 2011, and became Executive Co-Chairperson of NDTL on July 29, 2011. She also serves as Executive Director of NDTL. During a television career of more than 25 years, she has rarely been interviewed or photographed, being intensely private.
- "Radhika Roy". Bloomberg. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- Bansal, Shuchi (21 April 2003). "Radhika Roy: NDTV's heart and soul". Rediff India Abroad. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- Kaushik, Krishn (1 December 2015). "Have Radhika and Prannoy Roy undermined NDTV?". The Caravan. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- "Radhika Roy". NDTV. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
Radhika Roy is the guiding force behind NDTV and has been responsible for leading NDTV's tremendous growth since inception.
- Shinde, Shalaka (October 15, 2016). "Prannoy Roy, Dad of News TV: Here’s A Tribute From Your ‘Students’". The Quint. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- Karmali, Naazneen (2006-09-14). "Prannoy Roy plans to take NDTV global". Rediff. Rediff.com. Archived from the original on 2014-03-21. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- Chandran, Bipin (2005-05-31). "Prannoy Roy to gift NDTV stake to daughter". Rediff. Rediff.com. Archived from the original on 2011-08-08. Retrieved 2014-03-21.