Radical.FM is a digital music streaming service available on iOS devices, Android devices, and desktop web browsers. The service allows users to create their own custom online radio stations based on musical genres. Unlike other streaming services like Spotify and Pandora Radio, Radical.FM is completely free and based on donations through a "pay-what-you-can" model. The mobile application does not show or have audio ads, or charge subscription fees.
Radical.FM claims the service relies on human curation for its genres that are used to build "the best personalized radio stations in the world."
The company launched a desktop service in 2014.
In October, 2015, the company introduced RadCasting, personal broadcasting with synchronous music sharing and discovery, where users can broadcast and share their stations with any other user, on mobile or desktop.
- IDG: Bandit-grundare ska ta sig an Spotify
- Billboard.biz: Radical.fm, Swedish Streaming Start-up, Takes Aim at Spotify's Crown
- TechCrunch: Radical.FM Wants To Go After Spotify With An Ad-Free, Listener-Supported Streamed Music Service
- LA Times: Radical.FM tries a freemium business model without the premium
- RAIN: Review: Radical.FM launches on the web
- Variety: Radical.fm Launches Personalized Radio Platform Without Ads Or Fees