|Broadcast area||Malaysia and Singapore|
|Slogan||"Berita Pantas. Info Berterusan."
Fast News. Nonstop Info.
|Frequency||Varies depending on its region|
|First air date||3 September 2007|
|Format||News, Weather, Traffic, Information|
|Language(s)||English, Malay and Tamil|
Bernama Radio (formerly known as Radio24 or BERNAMA Radio24 until March 2016) is the first all-news radio station in Malaysia. The free-to-air station began trial transmission on 16 August 2007 at 12:00 noon and was officially launched on 3 September 2007 at 9:00 a.m. It broadcasts on the FM 93.9 MHz frequency that was formerly used by RTM's Klasik Nasional FM. From January 2012 it also started broadcasting in Johor Bahru, Johor at 107.5 MHz.
The station broadcasts domestic, regional and world news through hourly news bulletins, quarter-hourly news highlights and breaking news as and when they happen through live field reports and telephone cross-overs. The station also has an array of talk-back shows. It also airs at frequent intervals, traffic, weather and stock market reports. The station also provides live audio streaming through its website. On 3 January 2011, the station began its Mobile Streaming service via smart phones like BlackBerry and iPhone, accessible through the devices on board internet browser at http://www.radio24.ada.fm[permanent dead link]
The station underwent a minor rebrand in March 2016 whereby the station is now known as "Bernama Radio".
Broadcasting in both English and Malay, the station is owned and operated by the Malaysian National news agency, BERNAMA, and broadcasts from Wisma BERNAMA in Kuala Lumpur. For its first phase, the station's transmission covered the Klang Valley, which is home to approximately 8 million people.
Tamil language broadcasting was introduced on 4 February 2017. The slot, known as "Tamil Oli", is broadcast from 11am to 1pm and from 11pm to midnight every Saturday and Sunday respectively. It is created in collaboration with New Wave Events Sdn Bhd and will be based on an infotainment concept.  The introduction of such slots also means that Tamil language radio broadcasts will be launched in East Malaysia for the very first time, since other Tamil radio stations available in Malaysia only broadcast in Peninsular Malaysia.
- Best Health Radio Programme 2013 by Ministry of Health Malaysia (Main Award - Norindah Khairi, Dalam Radar Talk Show)
- Best Health Radio Programme 2012 by Ministry of Health Malaysia (Main Award - Norindah Khairi, Ala Carte Pagi Talk Show)
- Anugerah Seri Angkasa 2010 (Best Radio News Presenter - Wan Syahrina Wan Ab Rahman)(Best Radio Talk Show - Kerusi Panas. Syeliza Basri & Azlan Idris) (Best Music Balancing for Radio - Mohd Zaini Ahmad Norbi)
- Best Consumer Radio Programme 2008 & 2009 - KONSUMER bersama PPIM
- Best Health Radio Programme 2009 & 2010 - KLINIK 24
- Best Producer for Islamic Radio Programme (Anugerah Media Islam Negara, AMIN 2009) - Nazira Noran
||This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: the article is full of incorrect capitalisation and does not comply with the Manual of Style (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The current line-up of Radio24 includes:
- KERUSI PANAS/ DALAM RADAR: Talk-back show which puts newsmakers and personalities who find themselves in the news on the "Hot Seat" to unravel issues and answer questions from the public
- APA KATA ANDA?: An interactive talk-back programme on news and timely issues where callers are encouraged to call in and give their opinion
- ALA CARTE PAGI: Morning talk show with experts, personalities, and corporate figures
- SANTUN BAHASA: Improve your national language skills and understanding with Dewan Bahasa & Pustaka
- KAY AZLEE ON AIR (ICT & ANDA): ICT programme with IT expert Kay Azlee
- KLINIK KEPENGGUNAAN BERSAMA PPIM: An interactive programme where consumer complaints are tackled and resolved within 45 days
- AUTO ZONE: An interactive programme on dealing with automotive issues
- THE LOUNGE: Radio24's English talkshow that features personalities from the entertainment, corporate, sports or political sectors.
- TIME MANAGEMENT WITH DR VENGA: A show on how to managing time with time management expert, Dr Venga Kalachulu.
- HIKAYAT KITA WITH NINOT AZIZ: A show that features different local legends and folklores every week night.
- THE BIZ SHOW WITH NICK GOH: A show on dealing with different business issues with business coach, Nick Goh.
- DESIGNED : A talk show which explores the exciting world of the creative industries in Malaysia
Malay anchors (6am-8pm):
- Wan Syahrina
- Kam Kamaruddin
- Nazira Noran
- Zulkifli Bujang
- Shuhadah Armawan
- Yuzaini Yahya
- Shahrizal Abd Rahim
- Tuan Asmawi Tuan Umar
- Fifi Norhafizah
- Roslizam Ramli
- Hanie Hamid
- Dina Almashoor
- Amar Yusuff
English anchors (8pm-6am):
- Gerard Vincent Ratnam
- Nadhirah Matrang
Radio24 currently has several hosts, including:
- Vivian Toh - Designed, Wednesdays, 9:15 pm
- Dr Fazley Yaakob - Teh Tarik, Wednesdays, 9:30 am
- Dr Niki Shuhada - Bijak Wang, Tuesdays, 11:30 am
- Dr Irfan Khairi - Irfan On Air, Fridays, 5:30 pm
- Dr Kamal Affendy - Black Maria, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 11:15 am
- Richie Rachman - Glam, Thursdays, 5:30 pm
Radio24 launched with several celebrity millionaire hosts, notably:
- Dr. Irfan Khairi, a self-made internet millionaire - hosted Jutawan bersama Irfan Khairi. This programme is now renamed "Irfan On Air" and still aired live weekly.
- Peter Pek MCSD, the renowned branding guru, writer, columnist, editor, publisher, designer, creative director, public speaker, corporate celebrity, radio and television personality - hosted Brand Malaysia with Peter Pek.
- Dato' Zuraidah Atan, a former President/CEO of a merchant bank, who currently sits on the Boards of numerous corporations and organisations including HSBC Malaysia, Bank Malaysia Berhad, Kedah State Dev Corp Insurance Brokers, Federal Agricultural Marketing Authority (FAMA) and Universiti Utara Malaysia - hosted Biz Wrap.
Frequencies and transmitters
- FM 93.9 MHz from the Kuala Lumpur Tower transmitter covering Selangor and Kuala Lumpur. (Shah Alam)
- FM 107.5 MHz from the Mount Pulai transmitter site covering South Johor, Singapore, Riau Islands and Batam, North Johor is still able to receive Radio24 on 107.5 MHz. (Johor and Singapore)
- FM 107.9 MHz from Bukit Karatong covers Kota Kinabalu. (Sabah)
- FM 100.9 MHz from Gunung Serapi covers Kuching. (Sarawak)
- "BERNAMA RADIO, CIVICS BUREAU TO INSPIRE PATRIOTISM THROUGH TALK SHOW". Bernama. 22 March 2016. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- "Bernama, Ministry Intend To Reintroduce Tamil, Mandarin News Over BNC - Salleh". Bernama. 2 February 2017. Archived from the original on 12 February 2017. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Bernama Radio Kini Bersiaran Di Kota Kinabalu Menerusi Frekuensi FM107.9" (in Malay). Bernama. 10 March 2016. Archived from the original on 12 March 2016. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- (1 Sep 2007). Malaysia's First All News Radio Station To Be Launched Monday. BERNAMA. Retrieved 30 December 2007.
- (3 Sep 2007). Malaysia's First All-News Radio Launched. BERNAMA. Retrieved 30 December 2007.
- (3 Sep 2007). Malaysia launches first all-news radio station. People's Daily. Retrieved 30 December 2007.
- Thanasayan, Anthony (21 Oct 2007). No blast on radio. The Star. Retrieved 30 December 2007.
- (3 Sep 2008). Bernama's Radio24 celebrates first birthday. Media Network / BERNAMA. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- (8 Jan 2009). Misi Mempopularkan Radio24. Utusan Online. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- (28 Feb 2009). Radio24 makin panas dengan slot 'Kerusi Panas' mulai Mac. KLpos.com Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- (3 Sep 2009). Bernama Radio24 Turns Two on a Subdued Note. bernama.com. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- (1 Jan 2010). Bernama Radio 24 Janji Kelainan Program Untuk 2010. mStar Online. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- (17 Jan 2010). BERNAMA Radio24 Mengorak Langkah dengan Drama 'Embun Hibiscus'. mStar Online. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- (16 Jun 2010). Aplikasi Teknologi BE. Kosmo!. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- (31 Jan 2011). Frekuensi Radio24 di Telefon Bimbit Anda. mStar Online. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- (17 Feb 2011). BERNAMA Radio24 Now Loud and Clear. Malay Mail. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- (22 Feb 2011). Victories Prove Radio24 Gets Top Marks For Quality. Yahoo! News. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- (28 Oct 2013). </ Designed, A New Talk Show By Bernama Radio24