Radio Radio (band)
Radio Radio 2012
|Origin||Clare, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|Genres||electro rap hip hop|
|Members||Gabriel Louis Bernard Malenfant
Jacques Alphonse Doucet
|Past members||Timothée Jésus Valentin Richard
Alexandre Arthur Bilodeau
In April 2008, the band released their first full-length album Cliché Hot on Bonsound Records. They received a nomination in the "Revelation of the year" (Révélation de l'année) category, at the Félix Award gala, where they also performed.
In 2010, Radio Radio released a second album, Belmundo Regal on label Bonsound Records, which was on the short list for the 2010 Polaris Music Prize. They also won the Miroir Award (Prix Miroir) for Urban and Contemporary Music at the Quebec City Summer Festival (Festival d'été de Québec). In January 2011, Radio Radio won The 10th Annual Independent Music Awards in the Electro/Hip-Hop category for Belmundo Regal.
In 2012, Radio Radio won best hip hop album at the ADISQ and East-Coast music awards for their third album Havre de Grace. HdG was made possible by collaborating with outside collaborators: Horace Trahan in Louisiana and Renji Condoré a.k.a. Mamoru Kobayakawa who co-wrote most of the songs on the album with Arthur Comeau a.k.a. Zander McQuigan a.k.a. Nom de Plume.
Radio Radio have played and will be seen playing in festivals such as Les FrancoFolies de Montréal, Osheaga 2008, South by Southwest 2010, the 2010 Winter Olympics, Festival International de Louisiane in Lafayette and many more. The band has also played at Woodstock. In 2013, they were one of the closing acts for the Canada Day Festivities in Ottawa.
The group is slated to release Light the Sky, its first fully-English album, in 2016.
- 2007: Télé Télé
- 2008: Cliché hot
- 2010: Belmundo Regal
- 2012: Havre de Grace
- 2014: Ej Feel Zoo
- 2016: Light the Sky
- Gabriel Louis Bernard Malenfant, formerly known as Tex (from Moncton, New Brunswick)
- Jacques Alphonse Doucet, formerly known as Jacobus (from Clare, Nova Scotia)
- Timothée "Timo" Valentin Jésus Richard
- Arthur Comeau a.k.a. Xanadu Popule a.k.a. Art Com a.k.a. Ben HURR=Alexandre Arthur Bilodeau, formerly known as Lex
- Thompson, Ciaran (September 20, 2010). "Karkwa win 2010 Polaris Music Prize". Aux. Retrieved September 21, 2010.
- "Miroir Awards:: Québec City's Summer Festival"
- "Radio Radio 'Light the Sky' on New Album, Book 2016 Tour". Exclaim!, December 1, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Radio Radio.|