Radu Malfatti during soundcheck before his first concert in Galicia, Spain, 2008
December 16, 1943|
Radu Malfatti is an Austrian trombone and bass harmonica player, and composer. He was born in Innsbruck, in the province of Tyrol, on December 16, 1943. He has been described as "among the leaders in redefining the avant-garde as truly on-the-edge art." His work "since the early nineties... has been investigating the edges of ultraminimalism in both his composed and improvised work." He also operates B-Boim, a CD-R only record label focusing on improvised and composed music, much of it his own.
- Balance (Incus, 1973)
- Zwecknagel (FMP, 1981)
- Dach with Phil Durrant and Thomas Lehn (Erstwhile, 2001)
- Whitenoise with Mattin (w.m.o/r, 2004)
- Goat vs Donkey with Taku Unami (Taumaturgia, 2009)
- Imaoto with Klaus Filip (Erstwhile, 2009)
- Ruten (B-boim, 2014)
- "Radu Malfatti experienced in the flesh: A Review".
|This article about an Austrian composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|