Rae and Edith Bennett Travelling Scholarship
The scholarship was established by the estate of Victorian bank manager Rae Bennett, with the condition that scholarship recipients were "chosen from graduates displaying force of character industry thrift and true sportsmanship or sportswomanship along with their scholastic attainments and further qualities of good citizenship and signs of good family upbringing".
Recipients have come from all faculties in the University, and have included visual artist Callum Cooper, Opera Australia principal artist Christopher Field, (2002) and historians Alana Harris (2003), and Benjamin Mountford (2008). Poet Judith Bishop won the award in 1994 and completed a thesis on the poetry of Yves Bonnefoy at the University of Cambridge.
- "Department 21 a student-led interdisciplinary department at the Royal College of Art".
- "Opera Australia - Christopher Field".
- "Rich harvest".
- "Nocookies". The Australian.
- Arts Webmaster, School of Culture and Communication. "School of Culture and Communication".
- "University Secretar's Department : University Calendar - Rae and Edith Bennett Travelling Scholarship : The University of Melbourne".