This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may contain improper references to user-generated content. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Banno at the 2016 Logie Awards
Raechelle Jasmine Banno
28 April 1993
|Occupation||Actress • dancer • writer • model|
|Years active||2012– Present|
|Relatives||Karina Banno (twin sister)|
Raechelle Jasmine Banno (born 28 April 1993) is an Australian actress, dancer, writer and model. Banno began modelling when she was nine years old. After appearing in various television commercials, Banno made a guest appearance in the children's drama In Your Dreams and starred in various short films. From 2015 until 2018, Banno played Olivia Fraser Richards in the Australian soap opera Home and Away.
Raechelle Banno was born in Sydney, Australia in 1993. She is one of three children born to Joanne Banno; her elder sister Stephanie Banno lives and works in London, and her identical twin sister Karina Banno is an actress. During her primary education, she attended Fairfield West Public School, and Fairvale High School from which she graduated in 2010.
Banno commenced her career as a dancer at the age of three, following the completion of FATD Jazz and Tap exams ad, and all her RAD ballet exams until her Intermediate grade, and in her later years she additionally participated in hip-hop classes while at dance school teaching ballet and contemporary dance to 9-12 year olds. She subsequently went on to become a model from the age of nine, appearing for the Australian counterpart of British Boden's subsidiary Mini Boden, King Cow, Little Romeo, Barbie and Total Girl magazine.
When Banno and her sister decided they wanted to pursue acting careers, they approached a family friend, who was a casting director for advice. Banno's acting career began in 2012, having taken courses at the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA). Initially appearing in commercials for companies such as McDonald's and Vodafone, she moved onto television roles, debuting in an episode of the 7Two children's drama series In Your Dreams, and the pilot episode of Karralak in 2014, a series which has not yet been screened. Since 2013, Banno has begun appearing in short films, including Second Best and Phenomena. She also wrote and produced the short film Exposure, which was directed by her sister, Karina.
In 2015, it was announced that Banno had joined the cast of Seven Network soap opera Home and Away, in which she would receive the role of Olivia Fraser Richards, the daughter of Chloe Richards. The character has been played by various actresses since her birth in 1998, including Ivy Latimer who portrayed the role in 2005. Banno made her first appearance during the 28th season of the series on 28 October 2015 in episode 6313. One of her character's early storylines highlighted the issues of self-harm and child abuse, after it was discovered that Olivia had been cutting herself due to the trauma of being sexually abused by her uncle's friend as a child. In May 2018, it was confirmed Banno had decided to leave Home and Away.
|2012||In Your Dreams||Courtney||Episode: "Verliebter Jack"|
|2014||Karralak||Krissy||Pilot (series not yet screened)|
|2015–2018||Home and Away||Olivia Fraser Richards||Main cast|
|2019||Pandora||Atria Nine||Main cast|
|2013||Exposure||Writer and producer|
|2017||Second Best||Nouchka Bortsov|
- "Raechelle Banno". Raechellebanno.com. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- Jumpertz, Caroline (30 November 2017). "Family is both home and away for TV star Raechelle Banno". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- Sacco, Frances (3 November 2015). "Actress Raechelle Banno's rise to stardom on Home and Away celebrated at her former school Fairvale High". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- "Raechelle Banno Biography". raechellebanno.com. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "Boden". Bodenclothing.com.au. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "Total Girl". Totalgirl.com.au. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "What it is like to be twins in the entertainment industry". Twinning Store. 11 April 2018. Retrieved 13 June 2018.
- McLennan, Patrick"Raechelle Banno cast as Home and Away's new troubled teen Olivia Richards". What's on TV. 19 October 2015. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- Georgakopoulos, Chris (20 January 2014). "Twin drama as Raechelle and Karina Banno pursue film and TV careers". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 31 January 2018.
- "Karralak". Facebook. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- Dainty, Sophie (18 April 2016). "Home and Away spoilers: Olivia Richards will fall back into self-harm after ending her pregnancy". Digital Spy. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "In and out". Inside Soap (18): 92. 5–11 May 2018.
Raechelle has already finished filming, and recently jetted off to LA – where she was reunited with former co-star Matt Little (VJ).