Rafael Almeida, 1912.
July 30, 1887|
|Died: March 19, 1968
|July 4, 1911, for the Cincinnati Reds|
|Last MLB appearance|
|July 18, 1913, for the Cincinnati Reds|
|Runs batted in||46|
Almeida and Armando Marsans debuted together with the Reds on July 4, 1911. They are sometimes named the first major league players born in Cuba, which is disputable because Cuban-born Steve Bellán played from 1871 to 1873 in the National Association of Professional Base Ball Players (NA), a league whose status as a major league is disputed.
- Players Born in Cuba - Baseball-Reference.com
- Riley, 33
- Figueredo 2003, pp. 484, 508.
- Figueredo, Jorge S. (2003), Cuban Baseball: A Statistical History, 1878–1961, Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, ISBN 0-7864-1250-X.
- Riley, James A. (2002). The Biographical Encyclopedia of the Negro Baseball Leagues. 2nd edition. New York: Carroll & Graf Publ. ISBN 0-7867-0959-6.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference
- Cuban League statistics and player information from Seamheads.com, or Baseball-Reference (Negro leagues)
|This biographical article relating to a Cuban baseball third baseman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|