Bush with the Broncos in 2011
|No. 25 New Orleans Saints|
|Date of birth:||May 12, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Williston, South Carolina|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||Williston (SC) Elko|
|College:||South Carolina State|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Rafael Bush (born May 12, 1987) is an American football safety for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at South Carolina State and was signed by the Atlanta Falcons as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He has also played for the Denver Broncos and Detroit Lions.
After going undrafted in the 2010 NFL Draft, Bush signed with the Atlanta Falcons on April 26, 2010. He was released on September 4, 2010 and signed to the Falcons' practice squad the next day. The team promoted him to the active roster on December 29, 2010. He was released during final cuts on September 3, 2011, but re-signed to the practice squad the following day.
New Orleans Saints
On September 1, 2012, Bush was signed by the New Orleans Saints. Bush is noted for wearing #25 with the team, which was notably worn by Reggie Bush during the latter's tenure with the team.
Bush was a restricted free agent after the 2013 season, and he signed an offer sheet with the Falcons that would have returned him to Atlanta for reported compensation of about $4.5 million for two years. However, on April 7, 2014, the Saints exercised their right to match the Falcons' offer and bring Bush back to New Orleans. During the 2015 season, he played in the Saints' season opener at Arizona before being placed on injured reserve for the remainder of the season.
On March 12, 2016, the Detroit Lions signed Bush to a one-year contract. In Week 6 against the Los Angeles Rams, Bush made his first interception as a Lion. The Rams were trailing by 3 in the two minute warning of the 4th quarter, and Bush intercepted Case Keenum, which sealed the victory for the Lions. Bush made his first career touchdown against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 11. He picked up a tipped ball, and returned it for 39 yards and a touchdown. Bush's interception was first in the video Top 10 Most Athletic Plays of Week 11 on NFL.com.
New Orleans Saints (second stint)
On March 30, 2017, Bush signed with the Saints.
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||TOTAL||AST||SACK||FF||FR||FR YDS||INT||IR YDS||AVG IR||LNG||TD||PD|
- http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/10/17/broncos-add-safety-rafael-bush-to-roster/10209/ Broncos add safety Rafael Bush to roster after Brandon Lloyd trade
- Vaughn McClure, "Saints match offer for Rafael Bush", ESPN.com, April 7, 2014.
- Sessler, Marc (March 12, 2016). "Roundup: Lions signs Rafael Bush to one-year deal". NFL.com. Retrieved March 12, 2016.
- "Lions sign unrestricted free agent S Rafael Bush". Detroit Lions. March 12, 2016. Retrieved March 12, 2016.
- "Case Keenum intercepted by Rafael Bush". nfl.com.
- "Top 10 Most Athletic Plays of Week 11". NFL.com.
- "New Orleans Saints Sign S Rafael Bush". NewOrleansSaints.com. March 30, 2017.
- "Rafael Bush Stats". ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 4 May 2015.