|Full name||Rafael Fernández Martínez|
|Date of birth||5 May 1989|
|Place of birth||Águilas, Spain|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 May 2017.
Born in Águilas, Region of Murcia, Chumbi started playing as a senior with Atlético Madrid's C-team. In the 2009 summer he joined Caravaca CF in the third division but, in the following transfer window, returned to the fourth level by signing with Lorca Deportiva CF.
In July 2010, Chumbi moved to CF Reus Deportiu still in division four. In his first season he scored twelve goals (three of them in the play-offs), helping the Catalans return to the third division after five years.
In January 2012, Chumbi was linked with a move to Elche CF, but the deal could not be completed. On 20 June he signed a contract with UD Almería, being assigned to the reserves in the third level.
Chumbi made his debut with Almería's first team on 17 October 2012, coming off the bench for Jonathan in the 83rd minute of a 3–0 home win against AD Alcorcón for the season's Copa del Rey. Two months later he made his first appearance in division two, replacing Ángel Trujillo in a 0–1 defeat at Elche CF; on 6 January of the following year he netted his first goal as a professional, being pivotal in the Andalusians' 1–0 away win against Girona FC after only six minutes on the field.
On 10 July 2014, Chumbi signed a two-year deal with Albacete Balompié, freshly promoted to the second level. On 20 July of the following year, he moved to fellow league club UE Llagostera. Following 19 goalless appearances and team relegation, he returned to his native region and the third tier after joining Lorca FC.
- David Narváez y Chumbi, fichajes del Lorca Deportiva (David Narváez and Chumbi, Lorca Deportiva signings); La Verdad, 15 January 2010 (in Spanish)
- Chumbi tanca la plantilla del CF Reus (Chumbi closes CF Reus' squad); Reus24, 9 July 2010 (in Catalan)
- El puñal de Águilas (Águilas' dagger); Diari de Tarragona, 8 June 2011 (in Spanish)
- El Elche puja por Chumbi (Elche bids for Chumbi); Diari de Tarragona, 18 January 2012 (in Spanish)
- Chumbi, delantero procedente del Reus Deportivo, primer fichaje del Almería B (Chumbi, forward from Reus Deportivo, Almería B's new signing) Archived 23 June 2012 at the Wayback Machine.; UD Almería, 20 June 2012 (in Spanish)
- El Almería también arrolla en Copa (Almería also crushes in Cup); Marca, 17 October 2012 (in Spanish)
- El Elche sigue intratable en casa (Elche remains strong at home); Marca, 16 December 2012 (in Spanish)
- Chumbi silencia Montilivi en el añadido (Chumbi silences Montivili in stoppage time); Marca, 6 January 2013 (in Spanish)
- Rafa Chumbi ya tiene equipo: Valencia Mestalla (Rafa Chumbi already has team: Valencia Mestalla); La Voz de Almería, 18 July 2013 (in Spanish)
- 'Chumbi', nuevo jugador del Albacete ('Chumbi', new player of Albacete); Marca, 10 July 2014 (in Spanish)
- "Chumbi, nuevo fichaje para el conjunto de Oriol Alsina" [Chumbi, new signing for Oriol Alsina's team] (in Spanish). Marca. 21 June 2015. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- "El aguileño Chumbi, primer fichaje del Lorca FC para la delantera" [Águilas-born Chumbi, first forward signing by Lorca FC] (in Spanish). La Opinión de Murcia. 19 July 2016. Retrieved 8 March 2017.