Rafael Moreno Valle Rosas
Rafael Moreno Valle
|Governor of Puebla|
1 February 2011 – 31 January 2017
|Preceded by||Mario Plutarco Marín Torres|
|Succeeded by||José Antonio Gali Fayad|
|Senator for Puebla|
1 September 2006 – 4 July 2010
|Preceded by||Germán Sierra Sánchez|
|Succeeded by||María Leticia Jasso|
|Deputy of the Congress of the Union |
for the 8th district of Puebla
1 September 2003 – 11 August 2004
|Preceded by||Jaime Alcántara Silva|
|Succeeded by||José López Medina|
|Born||30 June 1968|
Puebla, Puebla, Mexico
|Died||24 December 2018 (aged 50)|
Coronango, Puebla, Mexico
|Spouse(s)||Martha Erika Alonso|
|Alma mater||Lycoming College |
Boston University School of Law
|Profession||Lawyer and economist|
Rafael Moreno Valle Rosas (30 June 1968 – 24 December 2018) was a Mexican politician affiliated with the National Action Party (PAN). He was the Governor of Puebla from February 2011 through January 2017.
Moreno Valle was the grandson of Rafael Moreno Valle, a doctor and politician who also served as the Governor of Puebla from 1969 to 1972. He was also the spouse of Martha Erika Alonso Hidalgo, the first woman Governor of Puebla.
On 24 December 2018, a helicopter carrying Moreno Valle, his wife Martha Erika Alonso Hidalgo, and other PAN politicians from the state crashed in a field near the town of Santa María Coronango, half an hour from the city of Puebla, killing both. In a tweet, President Andrés Manuel López Obrador indicated that Alonso and Moreno Valle were on the downed aircraft. At the time, Moreno Valle was a proportional representation senator.
- "Recibe Moreno Valle constancia de mayoría como gobernador electo". Milenio Diario. 11 July 2010. Retrieved 10 December 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "Perfil del legislador". Legislative Information System. Retrieved 24 December 2018.
- "Falleció el general Rafael Moreno Valle, ex gobernador de Puebla". Milenio. 2016-02-13. Retrieved 2016-02-28.
- "Se estrella avioneta en Puebla en pleno 24 de diciembre". El Sol de Puebla. 24 December 2018. Retrieved 24 December 2018.
- "Martha Erika y Rafael Moreno Valle irían en aeronave caída: AMLO". E-Consulta. 24 December 2018. Retrieved 24 December 2018.
Mario Plutarco Marín Torres
| Governor of Puebla
José Antonio Gali Fayad
|This article about a National Action Party (Mexico) politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|