|Years active||1992 - present|
Rafael Serrallet was born in Valencia and started playing the guitar at the age of 12.
Rafael studied with Andres Segovia’s pupil and assistant, José Tomás; he also attended the Spanish Academy in Rome; and received a doctorate in music (PhD) by the Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, and a Master of Education by the UNED.
With a career spanning twenty five years and more than a thousand concerts across eighty countries, Serrallet is one of the most internationally experienced Spanish guitar concertists.
Rafael Serrallet is the first classical musician to play in all seven continents in one year. During his 2018 world tour Serrallet performed in all continents including Antarctica.
As a soloist performer, Serrallet has played with orchestras such as the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra, the Panama Symphony Orchestra, the Philharmonic of Morocco, the Novosibirsk Chamber Orchestra, the Transylvania State Philharmonic Orchestra, the Czech Sinfonietta and the Ukraine Philharmonic.
Besides being an acclaimed soloist, he also performs chamber music. His curiosity as a musician has led him to collaborate in cross-over projects with musicians from around the world. He has recorded many different CDs as a soloist, with orchestras, and with different chamber music groups.
Rafael Serrallet has been a resident teacher in Santiago de Compostela Conservatory and Conservatory of Lliria in Spain and today teaches master classes in universities and conservatories throughout the world. He has also been a judge on the panel for international music competitions. Rafael has been the Director of the International Iberian Musical Institute, which developed musical projects with schools and conservatories around the world. He has conducted master classes throughout including: the University of Zagreb, University Santo Tomas of Manila, University Sultan Qaboos in Oman, Hannover University, University Teknologi Mara in Malaysia, Conservatory of Pardubice,the network of National Conservatories in Morocco, Yared Music School in the Addis Ababa University, Edward Saïd Conservatory in Jerusalem, National Conservatory of Peru, Hokoriku University (Japan), Conservatory of the UPOLI in Nicaragua, Honduras National Music School, Conservatory of the Universidad Católica de Asunción (Paraguay), Conservatoire of Kenya to name but a few.
- "Making music is artistry that must be passed on", Dawn. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Rafael Serrallet Concert and Master Class 11th June", Liverpool Guitar Society
- "Spanish Guitar strums in Yangon", The Global New Light of Myanmar. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- , The East African. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Rafael Serrallet Concerts", Bangkok. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- [ http://www.muscatdaily.com/Archive/Oman/Acclaimed-musician-Rafael-Serrallet-to-perform-in-Oman-today-tomorrow-54gt#ixzz5EuoB28vV "Acclaimed musician Rafael Serrallet to perform in Oman today"], Muscat Daily. Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- [ https://www.musicafeuropa.com/musica-feuropa-31.html], Musica Feuropa10.
- [ http://www.abc.com.py/edicion-impresa/artes-espectaculos/maestros-espanoles-en-un-concierto-didactico-76850.html]