||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Raffaele Costa (born 8 September 1936 in Mondovì) is an Italian politician. He was the President of the Province of Cuneo from June 2004 to June 2009. He was previously a member of the Italian Chamber of Deputies representing the Italian Liberal Party and later Forza Italia between 1976 and 2003 and was also a Member of the European Parliament of the European People's Party until June 2004.
Costa holds a degree in Law and Political Science.
He was elected to the Italian Chamber of Deputies in 1976, 1979, 1983, 1987, 1992, 1994, 1996 and 2001.
He was Minister without Portfolio for the co-ordination of community political and regional affairs (1992), Minister of Health (1993), Minister of Transport and Minister of the Merchant Marine in the Ciampi government.
As Under-Secretary of State
Costa was parliamentary under-secretary of state in the:
- Ministry of Justice
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (8th Legislature)
- Ministry of the Interior (Craxi Government)
- Ministry of Public Works (9th Legislature)
In the European Parliament
- Member of the European Parliament's former Committee on the Atmosphere
- Member of European Parliament's Committee on Budgetary Control
- Member of European Parliament's Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
- Member of European Parliament's Committee on Internal Market and Consumer Protection
Other Past Appointments
- Chairman of the Defence Committee of the Chamber of Deputies
- Vice-Chairman of the Agriculture and Forestry Committee of the Chamber of Deputies (1976-1979)
- General Secretary of the Italian Liberal Party (1993-1994)
- Chairman of the Liberal Democratic Federalist parliamentary group (1995-1996)
- Administrator of Forza Italia's Office for Citizens' Rights
- President of the Province of Cuneo (2004-2009).
Costa has published four books:
- The Doctor is Outside the Room
- My First Republic
- Italy, Land of Waste
- Italy, Land of Privilege
He founded and published the periodical Il Duemila in 1971.
Pier Luigi Romita
|Minister of European affairs and Regions
|Minister for Transport and Mercantile Navy
Maria Pia Garavaglia
|Italian Minister of Health
|Secretary of Italian Liberal Party
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|