Italian Courts Trials against Raffaele Fitto
Bribery towards Italian Public Medical System
Fitto in 2006 was investigated by the Bari prosecutor in connection with a donation to his regional party La Puglia Prima di Tutto of 500,000 Euros by Tosinvest, a company owned by Antonio Angelucci, ahead of the 2005 Apulian regional election. According to the prosecution this amount was suspected of being a bribe to secure for the Apulia region the management of eleven nursing homes.
A request to arrest Fitto, who in the meantime had become a Member of the Italian Parliament, was rejected by the Italian Chamber of Deputies. Fitto in December 2009 was found guilty of abuse of office, corruption and illegal financing of political parties; Fitto was acquitted of some other charges in June 2012.
Fitto in February 2013 was sentenced by the Court of first instance (Tribunale di Primo Grado, the first grade) to four years in prison and five years' disqualification from public office; the sentence was commuted to 1 year.
Bankruptcy of Cedis
Fitto in February 2009 was accused of conspiring, during his presidency of the Apulia region (2000-2005), Italy, to short-sell the trading company "Cedis", at that time (2004-2006) in administration. The charges were filed in April 2009; however in March 2017 Fitto was acquitted of all charges by the Court of second instance (Corte d'Appello, the second grade).
- "Un blitz di Fitto, nominato Copertino - la Repubblica.it".
- "Fitto, addio a Forza Italia: "Lascio anche il Ppe". Berlusconi: "Siamo felici, ci ha tolto un peso"". 17 May 2015.
- "Berlusconi taglia la fronda: "Basta politici mestieranti, se vanno via siamo felici"".
- "Processo 'La Fiorita', assoluzione con formula piena per Raffaele Fitto - Il Fatto Quotidiano". 1 June 2012.
- "Tangenti: condannato a 4 anni l'ex ministro Raffaele Fitto (Pdl)". 13 February 2013.
- "Bari, ex ministro Raffaele Fitto condannato a 4 anni di carcere, tre condonati - Il Fatto Quotidiano". 13 February 2013.
- "Raffaele Fitto assolto in secondo grado dall'accusa di corruzione nell'inchiesta Fiorita: "Non ci fu tangente" - Il Fatto Quotidiano". 29 September 2015.
- "Legali: per Cassazione nessuna corruzione addebitabile a Fitto".
- "Inchiesta su turbativa d'asta Fitto rinuncia alla prescrizione - Bari - Repubblica.it".
- "Vicenda Cedis, Fitto e Montinari assolti a Bari".