|Member of Telangana Legislative Assembly|
|Assumed office |
10 November 2020
|Preceded by||Solipeta Ramalinga Reddy|
|Born||March 23, 1968|
Siddipet, Telangana, India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
Madhavaneni Raghunandan Rao (born 23 March 1968) is an Indian politician from Telangana state and an MLA from Dubbaka. He is a strong supporter of Telangana state ideology. He is a lawyer by profession. He hails from Medak district.
Early life and education
Rao was born at Siddipet to M. Bhagavantha Rao. He earned a B.Sc. degree at Siddipet Degree College, completed a L.L.B. degree at Osmania University, Hyderabad, a B.Ed. degree from Karnataka University, and a post-graduate diploma in human rights from Central University of Hyderabad.
After completing his education, Rao relocated from Siddipet to Patancheru, an industrial area, in 1991 and joined in a reputed Telugu daily newspaper Eenadu as a news contributor for five years. He Subsequently enrolled as an advocate in the bar association of the High Court of Andhra Pradesh.
Rao started his political career as a Telangana Rashtra Samithi member. He was with Telangana Rashtra Samithi from 27 April 2001. He is the politburo member and Medak district convenor. On 14 May 2013 he was suspended from the Telangana Rashtra Samithi party on allegations of meeting with Telugu Desam Party president N. Chandrababu Naidu which he actively denied. Subsequently he joined in BJP and contested the Legislative Assembly elections from Dubbak constituency of Telangana state in the year 2014. He is state party secretary and MLA of Bharatiya Janata Party in Telangana. Currently he is Member of Legislative Assembly in Telangana Dubbak in 2020 by-poll election by a margin of 1,074 votes, after death of Solipeta Ramalinga Reddy.
The police said, a 47-year-old woman made a complaint on February 2020 claiming that she was raped in 2007 by advocate M Raghunandan Rao, following which a rape case was filed against him. She claimed the advocate called her to his Patancheru office in 2007 and offered coffee mixed with some substances and "raped" her when she became unconscious while she filed a harassment case against her husband and maintenance case through Advocate Rao. The police said, the woman claimed in the complaint that the advocate had threatened to post photos taken in compromising positions on Social networks. Rao has called the allegations false.
- "Dubbak BJP candidate Raghunandan Rao profile". The Hans India.
- Reddy, Istamvayla (11 November 2020). "M Raghunandan Rao: From TRS politburo member to Dubbak's BJP MLA". Deccan Chronicle. Archived from the original on 10 November 2020. Retrieved 11 November 2020. Alt URL
- "BJP Member, "Raghunandan Rao"". www.tbjp.in. Retrieved 20 September 2020.
- "Suspended leader hits back at TRS leadership - The New Indian Express". newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Harish Rao elected union president - ANDHRA PRADESH - The Hindu". thehindu.com. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Archive News". The Hindu. 13 March 2011. Archived from the original on 17 March 2011. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "YouTube". youtube.com. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Raghunandan Rao Madhavaneni". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 20 September 2020.
- "Dubbaka Election Results 2020: BJP's M Raghunandan Rao leads TRS' Solipeta Sujatha by 1,470". The Times of India. 10 November 2020. Archived from the original on 11 November 2020. Retrieved 11 November 2020. Alt URL
- "M Raghunandan Rao: From TRS politburo member to Dubbak's BJP MLA". Deccan Chronicle. 11 November 2020. Retrieved 11 November 2020.
- "Telangana police book BJP leader for alleged rape and blackmail". The News Minute. 4 February 2020. Retrieved 10 November 2020.
- "Rape case filed against BJP leader in Telangana". Deccan Herald. 4 February 2020. Retrieved 8 July 2020.
- "Rape case filed against BJP leader in Telangana". Business Standard India. Press Trust of India. 3 February 2020. Retrieved 10 November 2020.
- "Telangana: Rape case filed against BJP leader - Hyderabad News". The Times of India. 4 February 2020. Retrieved 8 July 2020.
- "Rape case filed against BJP leader Raghunandan Rao in Telangana". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 20 September 2020.