March 24, 1943 |
|Awards||Padma Vibhushan 2013 Padma Bhusan 2001 Padma Sri 1976|
Raghunath Mohapatra (born March 24, 1943) is a noted architect and sculptor from Odisha state in India. He was awarded Padma Shri in 1975 and Padma Bhushan in 2001. He is awarded Padma Vibhushan in 2013 on occasion of 64th Republic day of India.
Born in Puri, Mohapatra was awarded Padma Shri by the then President of India Fakiruddin Ali Ahmed in 1976 and honoured with the prestigious Padma Bhushan award in 2001 by former president K R Narayan.
Due to his sustained commitment to the cause of culture and sculpture, he was nominated by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India as a member of prestigious Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) in 2000.
Mohapatra has very thorough study on different pattern of temple design, traditional ornament of both cultural and aesthetic aspect for acknowledge authority on stone carving and designing.
- Kanungo, Laxminarayan (2013). "Raghunath Mohapatra gets Padma Vibhushan, Padma Shri to 3 Odias | Odisha Reporter". odishareporter.in. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
He did not study beyond Std VIII
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- "Padma Awards". pib. January 29, 2013. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- "Sculptor Raghunath Mohapatra to get Padma Vibhushan". odishanow.in. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
Born in Puri, Mohapatra
- "Profiles: Padma Vibhushans of 2013 - DNA". dnaindia.com. 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
Raghunath served as a senior instructor and superintendent
|This article about an artist from India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about an Asian sculptor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|