10 August 1932|
Gunupur, Odisha, India
|Died||25 August 2013
Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
|Occupation||Singer, Music director|
Pandit Raghunath Panigrahi (10 August 1932 – 25 August 2013) was an Indian classical singer and music director. A noted singer of the Gita Govinda, he left a promising career in film music in Chennai, to provide vocal support to his wife, Sanjukta Panigrahi, a legendary Odissi performer and composer. He made a lifetime contribution of promoting, propagating and popularizing the life and works of Jayadeva and the cult of Lord Jagannatha.
Sanjukta-Raghunath played for many years from the 1970s until the 1990s.
After the death of Sanjukta in 1997, he was associated with the Nrityagram and gave music for many of their productions. He formed the 'Sanjukta Panigrahi Memorial Trust', in 1999, to promote the cause of Odishi dance. Since 2001, every year on her birth anniversary, the trust has been giving away scholarships to budding dancers, and awards excellence in the field of Orissi dance.
Raghunath Panigrahi was born on 10 August 1932 in Gunupur, Rayagada, Odisha. He met his future wife dancer Padma Shri Sanjukta Panigrahi at Kalakshetra dance school, subsequently they married in 1960  and had two sons. He died on 25 August 2013 in Bhubaneswar at the age of 82.
- Ilavelpu (1956) (playback singer)
- Jayabheri (1959) (actor)
- Shri Shri Patitapaban Oriya Film (1963) (playback singer)
- Chinnada Gombe Kannada Film (1964) (playback singer)
- Abhinetri (1965) (choreographer)
- Sindura Bindu Oriya film (1976) (playback singer)
- Mukti Oriya film (1977) (playback singer)
- Ahalya Oriya film (1998) (Music Director)
- Nabajanma Oriya Film (playback singer)
- Kaa Oriya film (playback singer)
- Title of Sur Mani 1968
- He received an award from the government of France in the 1980s.
- Central Sangeet Natak Akademi Award,1976
- State Sangeet Natak Akademi Award, 1993
- Padma Shri, 2010
- Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowship
- Jayadeva Samman- 2008
- Lifetime Achievement award of Banichitra Awards, 2008
- Degree,Doctor of Literature, Ravenshaw University, Odisha, August 2013
- Degree,Doctor of Literature, Utkal University, Odisha, 2011
- Degree,Doctor of Literature, Berhampur University, Odisha, 2010
- "Pandit Raghunath Panigrahi dead". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2013-08-26.
- Odissi at the crossroads The Hindu, May 13, 2007.
- Venkataraman, Leela (July 30, 2010). "Nrityagram and the Passion for Dance". The Island.
- First Sanjukta Panigrahi award Times of India, August 25, 2001.
- Sanjukta Panigrahi Awards narthaki.com.
- Publications, Europa (2003). The International Who's Who 2004. Routledge. p. 1281. ISBN 1-85743-217-7.
- Sanjukta Panigrahi, Indian Dancer, 65 New York Times, July 6, 1997.
- "He shaped Odissi' renaissance". The Indian Express. Aug 29, 2013. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "Padma Shri award to Orissa's Pandit Raghunath Panigrahi, Mayadhar Raut , Ignace Tirkey, Oriya Orbit". Orissadiary.com. 2010-01-25. Retrieved 2012-03-04.
- "Pt. Raghunath Panigrahi receives the First Jaydev Samman, Oriya Orbit". Orissadiary.com. 2008-11-05. Retrieved 2012-03-04.
- "Banichitra awards presented". Bhubaneshwar: The Hindu. 7 April 2008. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
|This article about an Indian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|