|• Total||1,559.68 km2 (602.20 sq mi)|
|• Density||540/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
Purulia district is divided into the following administrative subdivisions: 
|Rural Population %
|Urban Population %
|Purulia Sadar West subdivision||Jhalda||2,327.98||1,037,021||94.60||5.40|
|Purulia Sadar East subdivision||Purulia||2,336.20||1,055,337||87.55||12.45|
Raghunathpur subdivision has a density of population of 537 per km2. 28.59 % of the population of the district resides in this subdivision.
Raghunathpur subdivision has 7 police stations, 6 community development blocks, 6 panchayat samitis, 49 gram panchayats, 687 inhabited villages, 1 municipality, 14 census towns. The single municipality is at Raghunathpur. The census towns are: Adra, Kantarangpuri, Lapara, Saltor, Hijuli, Par Beliya, Santaldih Power Project Town, Kanki, Dubra, Chapari, Shankara, Arra, Nabagram and Murulia. The subdivision has its headquarters at Raghunathpur.
Police stations in Raghunathpur subdivision have the following features and jurisdiction: 
|Police station||Area covered
|Municipal town||CD Block|
|Neturia||203.65||Damodar River flows along the northern border, Dhanbad district of Jharkhand across the river||-||Neturia|
|Para||270.59||Bokaro district of Jharkhand is on the west||-||Para|
|Santaldih||98.34||Damodar River flows along the northern border,
Sindri in Dhanbad district of Jharkhand across the river
|-||Para, Raghunathpur II|
|Raghunathpur Women||All 7 police station
areas of subdivision
|SC %||ST %||Literacy
- Para block: Anara, Deoli, Jabarrah–Jhapra–II, Udaypur–Joynagar, Bahara, Dubra, Nadiha Surulia, Bowridih, Jabarrah–Jhapra–I and Para.
- Raghunathpur–I block: Arrah, Bero, Khajura, Sanka, Babugram, Chorpahari and Nutandi.
- Raghunathpur–II block: Barrah, Joradih, Nildih, Cheliama, Mangalda–Mautore and Nutandih.
Dumurkola under Nutandih Panchayat Urban area under this block consists of one census town: Nabagram.
- Neturia block: Bhamuria, Guniara, Raibandh, Sarbari, Digha, Janardandih and Saltore.
- Santuri block: Balitora, Ramchandrapur– Kotaldi, Tarabari, Garsika, Muradi and Santuri.
- Kashipur block: Agardi–Chitra, Gorandih, Manihara, Sonathali, Barrah, Hadalda–Uparrah, Rangamati–Ranjandih, Beko, Kalidaha, Simla–Dhanara, Gagnabad, Kashipur and Sonaijuri.
Lok Sabha (parliamentary) and Vidhan Sabha (state assembly) constituencies in Purulia district were as follows:
|Lok Sabha constituency||Vidhan Sabha constituency||Reservation||CD Block and/or Gram panchayat|
|Purulia||Balarampur||None||Balarampur CD Block; Chakaltore, Dimdiha, Durku, Garafusra, Lagda
and Sonaijuri gram panchayats of Purulia I CD Block; and Chatu Hansa,
Hensla and Puara gram panchayats of Arsha CD Block.
|Baghmundi||None||Jhalda municipality; Jhalda I and Baghmundi CD Blocks;
Hetgugui and Sirkabad gram panchayats of Arsha CD Block.
|Joypur||None||Joypur and Jhalda II CD Blocks;
Arsha, Beldih and Manikary gram panchayats of Arsha CD Block.
|Purulia||None||Purulia municipality; Purulia II CD Block; Bhandar Purachipida
and Manara gram panchayats of Purulia I CD Block.
|Manbazar||ST||Manbazar I and Puncha CD Blocks; Chatumadar, Daldali
and Manguria Lalpur gram panchayats of Hura CD Block.
|Kashipur||None||Kashipur CD Block; Hura, Jabarrah, Kalabani, Keshargarh, Ladhurka,
Lakhanpur and Rakhera Bishpuri gram panchayats of Hura CD Block.
|Para||SC||Para and Raghunathpur II CD Blocks.|
|Bankura||Raghunathpur||SC||Raghunathpur municipality; Raghunathpur I, Neturia and Santuri CD Blocks.|
|Other assembly segments in Bankura district|
|Jhargram (ST)||Bandwan||ST||Bandwan, Barabazar and Manbazar II CD Blocks.|
|Other assembly segments in Paschim Medinipur district|
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Purulia". Table 2.2, 2.4(a). Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Purlia". Table 2.2. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Purulia". Table 2.1. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Directory of District, Sub division, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal, March 2008". West Bengal. National Informatics Centre, India. 2008-03-19. Archived from the original on February 25, 2009. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Purulia". Tables 2.1, 2.2,. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- "রঘুনাথপুরে মহিলা থানা". Issue dated 21 July, 2016 (Bengali). Ananda Bazar Patrika. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Directory of District, Subdivision, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal". Purulia - Revised in March 2008. Panchayats and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). West Bengal. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 10 October 2016.