Ragini MMS 2
|Ragini MMS 2|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Bhushan Patel|
Meet Bros Anjjan
Yo Yo Honey Singh
|Budget||₹19 crore (US$3.0 million)|
|Box office||₹63.29 crore (US$9.9 million)|
Ragini MMS 2 is a 2014 Indian erotic-horror film directed by Bhushan Patel and co-produced by Jayasinh Gupta and Sunil Maurya Pradhaan under Balaji Motion Pictures and ALT Entertainment. The movie is the sequel to the 2011 horror movie Ragini MMS. Ragini MMS 2 features sunny Leone and Ship Prem in lead roles in a continuation of the plot from the prequel. Unlike the first film, the movie is not shot in a found footage format. The film was a major commercial success, being declared a hit at the box office.
- Sunny Leone as Herself
- Saahil Prem as Satya Kumar
- Anita Hassanandani as Gina
- Sandhya Mridul as Monali
- Karan Veer Mehra as Maddy
- Parvin Dabas as Rocks
- Divya Dutta as Dr. Meera Dutta
- Soniya Mehra as Tanya Kapoor
- Karan Taluja as Kunal Khanna
- Geetanjali Kulkarni as the Witch / Ghost
- Kainaz Motivala as Ragini (Cameo)
- Yo Yo Honey Singh as the special appearance in song "Chaar Botal Vodka"
Sunny Leone, who plays female lead in Ragini MMS 2, says this movie is more commercial in nature than its prequel. Director Bhushan Patel says that there is a lot more sex, scares and a lot of glamour with the songs. The movie was scheduled to be released in the month of October 2013. However, Balaji Motion Pictures officially confirmed the release date, scheduled to be on 17 January 2014. The release date of the film was further postponed to 21 March 2014.
|Ragini MMS 2|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Meet Bros Anjjan chronology|
|Yo Yo Honey Singh chronology|
|Chirantan Bhatt chronology|
The first song "Baby Doll" featuring Sunny Leone was released on YouTube receiving great response and went on to be a chartbuster. The song's video is heavily inspired by the track "Dance Again" by Jennifer Lopez from the album Dance Again... The Hits. The second song "Chaar Botal Vodka" featuring Sunny Leone along with Honey Singh was also a great success receiving more than 5 million views in 5 days.
|1.||"Baby Doll"||Kumaar||Meet Bros Anjjan||Kanika Kapoor, Meet Bros Anjjan
Rap : Meet Bros Anjjan and Kunal Avanti
|2.||"Chaar Botal Vodka"||Ustad Bhagdarh Ali Khan Sahab||Yo Yo Honey Singh||Yo Yo Honey Singh
Rap : Yo Yo Honey Singh
|3.||"Maine Khud Ko"||Kumaar||Pranay Rijia||Mustafa Zahid||5:29|
|4.||"Lori of Death"||Manoj Yadav||Chirantan Bhatt||Arpita Chakraborty||3:15|
|5.||"Maine Khud Ko (Reprise)"||Kumaar||Pranay Rijia||Kshitij Tarey||5:30|
|6.||"Baby Doll (Remix)"||Kumaar||Meet Bros Anjjan||Kanika Kapoor, Meet Bros Anjjan||4:09|
Madhureeta Mukherjee of the Times of India rated the movie 3.5 out 5 and said, "The film provides the usual creepy cliches – creaking windows, ghostly shadows and bedraggled ghosts. There are a few spooky moments, but fewer leap-out-of-your-seat scenes. Sunny looks deathly desirable and plays the sexed-up baby doll with abandon. While her 'act' is good, her 'performance' doesn't really climax. Yet, she gives us a 'drool-worthy' adult-horror film – one of its kind for Bollywood."
Mohar Basu of Koimoi rated the movie 3 out 5 concluding, "Ragini MMS 2 is quite a pleasant surprise. It is not everyday that you begin your morning watching a Sunny Leone film, where she actually manages to bewilder you something close to a performance. Interestingly threaded with ample hair raising minutes, the film's ability to seem unrelentingly real is what makes it an entertaining watch. Not worth an Oscar but worth spending your popcorn over this weekend for sure."
Shubhra Gupta of The Indian Express rated the movie 2.5 out 5 stating, "Despite its harum-scarum script and barely-there logic, I quite enjoyed 'Ragini MMS 2' in the portions when Sunny Leone is in full stride.Where it falters is in the lack of novelty in the scenes that feature the spirit, and its bloody trail: there are a couple of scenes that send a shiver down your spine, but then it all becomes familiar. A little more attention to that, and to the storyline, and this will become a solid franchise."
Namita Karkera of Rediff.com gave the film a score of 1.5 out of 5 noting, "Sunny Leone looks hot alright but with scary scenes being average at best, Ragini MMS 2 isn't half as scary as it is supposed to be. At best, the film seems like a spoof. The second half of the movie however fares better. Overall the movie still manages to scare at some shots, make us laugh and enjoy Sunny Leone in her skimpy outfits."
A prequel to the movie, Ragini MMS was made and released on 11 May 2011.
Ragini MMS 2 had a very strong opening day with the film collecting 80 million despite competition from T20 World Cup but some how managed an opening weekend of 240 million. Despite the strong opening and Good reviews as an adult film the movie unfortunately buffered in its 2nd week and collected hardly 65 million. The film continued with a rapid rise and fall in its 3rd week by collecting almost 70 million and a total of about 470 million from the three weeks
Ragini MMS 2 was declared 'Hit' at the Box Office India.
The movie was not launched in Pakistan because the authorities there believed that it violated the viewership laws of Pakistan as it contained a lot of adult content. The ban had the potential to impact the film's revenue as box-office take from Pakistan (which can make up to 8% of the average movie's earnings) was restricted as a result.
- "Ragini MMS 2 - Movie - Box Office India". www.boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Sunny Leone playing herself in Ragini MMS 2?". Hindustan Times. Mumbai. 22 January 2013. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- "Sonakshi, Alia, Arjun at Ekta's success bash for Ragini MMS 2, Main Tera Hero". FirstPost. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Ragini MMS 2 postponed to March 21". November 28, 2013. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "Sunny's Baby Doll sizzles online". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Sunny Leone, Yo Yo Honey Singh come together in Ragini MMS 2 for Chaar bottle Vodka". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "Sunny Leone set to sizzle in special video with Honey Singh for 'Ragini MMS 2' & Updates at". Daily News and Analysis. 12 January 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- 25 February 2014 1:25 pm UTC by Namrata Thakker (25 February 2014). "Ragini MMS 2 song Chaar bottle vodka teaser: Sunny Leone and Yo Yo Honey Singh's peppy club number! – Bollywood News & Gossip, Movie Reviews, Trailers & Videos at". Bollywoodlife.com. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- Madhureeta Mukherjee. "Ragini MMS 2 movie review". The Times of India.
- Mohar Basu. "Ragini MMS 2 movie review". Koimoi.
- Shubhra Gupta. "Ragini MMS 2 movie review". The Indian Express.
- Namita Karkera. "Ragini MMS 2 movie review". Rediff.com.
- "Ragini MMS 2 collects 24 Crore in opening weekend". The Times of India. 24 March 2014.
- "Box Office Collection: 'Ragini MMS 2' Steady, 'Queen' Picks up Again; New Releases Poor Performances". International Business Times, India Edition. 31 March 2014.
- "Bollywood News - Reviews - Bollywood Gossip - Box Office - Photos - Videos Bollywood - Koimoi.com". Koimoi.