|Ragnar E. Löfstedt|
|Residence||London, United Kingdom|
|Nationality||United States, Sweden|
|Institutions||King's College London
Carnegie Mellon University
University of Gothenburg
University of Surrey
|Known for||Risk Analysis
The Löfstedt Report on occupational safety and health
|Notable awards||Chauncey Starr award|
Ragnar E. Löfstedt is the Professor of Risk Management at King's College London and the Director of King's Centre for Risk Management (KCRM). Alongside his deputy Henry Rothstein at KCRM, Löfstedt lectures in risk analysis at King's College London. An academic variously described as Swedish and American, he authored and served as editor of several well-known Risk books especially on risk communication. He is currently the editor-in-chief of Journal of Risk Research.
Professor Löfstedt has been appointed by the UK Coalition Government to look at occupational safety and health and in particular, the bureaucracy faced by those self-employed whose work activities do not pose a risk to others. The review named after him has been published by the Department for Work and Pensions in 2011.
Löfstedt also holds adjunct faculty status at Carnegie Mellon university in the US and Gothenburg in Sweden.  He was at one time adjunct faculty at the Harvard Center for Risk Analysis where he was responsible for an executive education course. He is the editor-in-chief for Journal of Risk Research and editor of the Risk in Society book series from Earthscan. He also serves on the editorial boards of International Journal of Risk Assessment and Management, European Journal of Risk Regulation, Journal of Health Communication, Risk Management, and SAPIENS. Previously, Professor Löfstedt was a reader at the Centre for Environmental Strategy, University of Surrey where he worked with University of California at Berkeley academic David Vogel. Their paper was published in the Journal of Risk Management.
Aside from academia, Löfstedt owns 900 acres of forest in his native Sweden. Löfstedt grew up in Los Angeles to parents who were professors of medieval languages and currently resides in Surrey.
- King's College London (31 March 2015). "Professor Ragnar Löfstedt". King's College London. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- Cohen, Nick. Comment: The deadly scandal in the building trade, The Observer 29 July 2012
- Safety and Health Practitioner September 2012
- Louis Wustemann (1 March 2012). "Interview: Professor Ragnar Löfstedt". Health+Safety at Work. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- King's College London (31 March 2015). "Professor Ragnar Löfstedt". King's College London. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- Lofstedt, Ragnar. EXPERT VIEW: Our skewed sense of transport safety, The Independent 19 May 2002