Reuel or Raguel (Hebrew: רְעוּאֵל, Modern: Re'u'el, Tiberian: Rəʻûʼēl, "Friend of El") meaning "friend of God" or "one who is intimate with God", is a Hebrew name associated with several Biblical and/or religious figures.
Biblical persons with this name are:
- Jethro, Moses' father-in-law, also called "Reuel" (Exodus 2:18; Numbers 10:29).
- A son of Esau. Father of Nahath, Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah(Genesis 36:4,10; 1 Chronicles 1:35)
- A Gadite (Numbers 2:14), called also Deuel (Hebrew: דְּעוּאֵל, Modern: Dəʻuʼel, Tiberian: Dəʻûʼēl) (Numbers 1:14; 7:42); the father of the Gadite prince Eliasaph.
- A Benjamite. (1 Chronicles 9:7-8)
- Father-in-law of Tobias (Tobit 7:1-15)
- Reuel Abraham (born 1924), Nazi Luftwaffe pilot and Jewish convert
- Reuel Denney (1913–95), American poet and academic
- Reuel Marc Gerecht, American writer and political analyst focused on the Middle East
- Reuel Colt Gridley (1829-70), American storekeeper and Civil War fundraiser
- Reuel Anson Lochore (1903–91), New Zealand public servant and scholar
- Reuel Meditz, classical pianist
- Reuel Williams (1783–1862), U.S. Senator from Maine
- Jairus Reuel Aquino (born 1999), Filipino actor
- John Ronald Reuel Tolkien (1892–1973), English writer
- Christopher John Reuel Tolkien (born 1924), son and literary executor of J. R. R. Tolkien
- Simon Mario Reuel Tolkien (born 1959), writer and grandson of J.R.R. Tolkien
- Capt. Reuel and Lucy Merrill House, Cumberland Center, Maine
- Reuel E. Smith House, Skaneateles, New York
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|