|Spouse of the Prime Minister of Malaysia|
22 September 1970 – 14 January 1976
|Prime Minister||Abdul Razak Hussein|
|Preceded by||Tun Sharifah Rodziah Syed Alwo Barakbah|
|Succeeded by||Toh Puan Suhailah Noah|
|Spouse of the Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia|
31 August 1957 – 22 September 1970
|Prime Minister||Tunku Abdul Rahman|
|Deputy||Tun Abdul Razak|
|Born||11 June 1933|
Muar, Johor, British Malaya (now Malaysia)
Tun Abdul Razak (m. 1952–1976)
|Children||Najib Razak (more)|
|Father||Mohamad Noah Omar|
Tun Rahah binti Mohamed Noah (born 11 June 1933) is the widow of former Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Abdul Razak and the mother of former Prime Minister Najib Razak. She is the daughter of Mohamad Noah Omar, former Speaker of the Dewan Rakyat.
Rahah was born on 11 June 1933 in Muar, Johor. She is the youngest of Mohamad Noah Omar's ten children. While attending secondary school in Johor Bahru, Rahah was introduced to Abdul Razak Hussein, by then already an active member of the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO), by Taib Andak, a friend of Abdul Razak while studying in London. They married on 4 September 1952.
Abdul Razak became the second Prime Minister of Malaysia in 1970. As the prime minister's spouse, she served as President of the Girl Guides Association of Malaysia and patron of the Muslim Women's Action Organisation (Pertiwi). In 1976, Razak died in office, leaving Rahah widowed at the relatively young age of 43.
She is the chancellor of Universiti Tun Abdul Razak, the university founded in honour of her husband. Since Abdul Razak was the prime minister who established diplomatic relations with the People's Republic of China, all Chinese ambassadors make a courtesy call on Rahah upon arriving in Malaysia.
In an interview conducted in 2011, Rahah said she spends most of her time attending religious classes with friends.
Abdul Razak and Rahah have five children:
- Mohd Najib (born 1953), the sixth and former Prime Minister of Malaysia.
- Ahmad Johari (born 1955)
- Mohd Nizam (born 1957)
- Mohd Nazim (born 1959) businessman, husband to former tv presenter and AIDIJUMA entrepreneur Norjuma Habib Mohammed
- Mohd Nazir (born 1962), the current chief executive of CIMB, one of the largest financial services companies in Malaysia
Honour of Malaysia
- "Tun Rahah Noah". Ensiklopedia Bahasa Malaysia. JBDirectory. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- "Malaysian PM's visit seeks more "vertical development" in ties with China". BBC Monitoring Asia Pacific - Political. 1 June 2009.
- "Najib's an obedient child, always listen to advice – Tun Rahah". Bernama. 10 May 2011. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- "Najib's three beloved 'swans'". The Malaysian Insider. 31 May 2010. Archived from the original on 9 August 2010.
- "Senarai Penuh Penerima Darjah Kebesaran, Bintang dan Pingat Persekutuan Tahun 1976" (PDF).