Rahul Banerjee (archer)
|Born||15 December 1986 (age 31)|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (176 lb)|
|Club||Tata Archery Academy|
Rahul Banerjee (born 15 December 1986) is an Indian Olympic archer.
Banerjee started archery at the age of thirteen. His sister Dola Banerjee is also an Olympic archer. His first international appearance was in Youth World Championship in 2004; he won a team silver medal, which was the first world level medal for Indian archers. He won several gold medals at the World Cups in 2008, 2009 and 2010, as well as an individual gold medal in the Asian Grand Prix in 2009-2010. At the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, he won a gold medal in the individual recurve event and a team bronze medal. He won a team bronze at 2010 Asian Games.
On 21 June 2012, Banerjee qualified for the London Olympics by finishing second in the final qualification meet at Ogden, Utah, United States. At the Olympics he finished 17th individually and 9th with the Indian team.
- Rahul Banerjee Archived 2011-07-20 at the Wayback Machine.. archery.org
- "Wrestler Sushil Kumar wins 28th CWG gold for India". The Times of India. 10 October 2010. Retrieved 10 October 2010.
- "Indian archery team books Olympic ticket". Times of India. 23 June 2012.
- Rahul Banerjee. sports-reference.com
- "Rahul Banerjee to get Arjuna award". zeenews.india.com. 22 July 2011.
|This biographical article relating to an Indian archery figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|