Rahul Nath Mahant
|Occupation||Actor, writer, dancer/choreographer and director|
|Known for||Happy Ending, Faraar|
Rahul Nath (born Rahul Nath Mahant) is an American/British Indian actor, writer, dancer/choreographer and director who is best known for his role in the Bollywood film Happy Ending (2014), the Pollywood film Faraar (2015) and for his recurring role on the Netflix show Space Force.
Nath was brought up in both India and the UK. As a result of his time in India, he can converse in Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi language and has an understanding of Tamil language and Telugu language. In his time in the UK he attended the Guy's Hospital School of Dentistry, where he obtained his degree in dental surgery before pursuing a career in acting. He currently lives in Los Angeles.
Nath has appeared in TV shows and off West End Theatre plays that gathered him a lot attention for his ability to transform his body.
He was seen in TV shows that aired on BBC, ITV (TV network) and Channel 4.
Nath has been in commercials for Jack in the Box, Travelzoo, Virgin America and State Farm Insurance. In the State Farm campaign, he was paired opposite NBA superstar Chris Paul for a series of commercials titled 'The Power of an Assist'.
In 2011, he turned director presenting reality based subjects that were focused around the South Asian community. His first release. Foreign, starred Ananya Khare. He then released his second movie 'Compromise', but the response was mixed.
In 2013 he was paired opposite Saif Ali Khan in the Illuminati Films production Happy Ending, where he had a supporting role. The movie was a disappointment at the box office, but Nath managed to gather attention and critical praise for his role and contribution to the movie. His next role was with Gippy Grewal as his younger brother in Gippy Grewal Productions Faraar. The film received a positive response at the box office.
Nath has been a part of the cast of Adam Ruins Everything and I'm Sorry, that air on the truTV Network. In 2019, he joined the cast of a Netflix show Space Force opposite Steve Carell in a recurring role where he plays Dr Chandrasekhar.
- "'Happy Ending' for Rahul".
- "Who Exactly is Gary from 'Happy Ending'?". UrbanAsian.
- "Space Force cast Netflix cast of Steve Carell starring comedy series". Republic TV. Retrieved 3 October 2020.
- "MAKE A VISIT". Ealing Times.
- "NO NEED TO SIT SEPARATE". Ealing Times.
- "Bollywood Aerobics". Backstage.com.
- "Rahul Nath Interview – Actor and Director Debut in New Film". Splash Magazines – Los Angeles.
- Archivist. "Foreign Subject, Common Ground". westsidetoday.com.
- "Rahul Nath's "Compromise" to Screen at South Asian Film Festival in Goa – Planet Bollywood News".
- "Sordid Secrets Kept Under Wraps in 'Compromise'". India West.
- "Rahul Nath's next tale of marital abuse". The Times of India.
- "Indian-born Hollywood actor Rahul Nath is quite gung ho about his forthcoming films – Glamour and Indian Traffic. "I have some very powerful roles in these two films and looking forward to their release," says he. --". The Times of India.
- "Spousal Abuse the Subject of Indian American Thriller 'Khazana'". India West. 29 October 2014.
- "Khazana on Amazon Prime". Amazon Prime. Retrieved 3 October 2020.
- Kari Mozena (1 September 2010). "Best Dance Studios". Los Angeles Magazine.
- "The Best of LA". Los Angeles Magazine. 2 August 2013.
- Dorene Internicola (21 November 2011). "Dance fitness classes step up the cardio fun". Reuters.