||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Rai News 24|
|Launched||April 26, 1999|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV) 16:9|
|Audience share||0.53% (July 2016, )|
|Slogan||All news. All new.|
|Formerly called||RaiNews 24 (1999–2010)
Rai News (2010–2013)
|Sky (Italy)||Channel 506|
|Cyfra+ (Poland)||Channel 145|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 9847|
|CanalDigitaal (Netherlands)||Channel 229|
|Cablecom (Switzerland)||Channel 103
Channel 212 (digital CH-D)
|MC Cable (Monaco)||Channel 200|
|Naxoo (Switzerland)||Channel 189|
|Numericable (France)||Channel 79|
|Rogers Cable (Canada)||Channel 795|
|NOS (Portugal)||Channel 202|
|Ziggo||TV Italiana Ziggo App|
|TV di FASTWEB||Channel 82|
|Alice Home TV||Channel 506|
|Infostrada TV||Channel 506|
|Bell Fibe TV
|Sling TV||Internet Protocol television|
Rai News 24 is Italy's first non-stop news and information channel, broadcast on digital terrestrial television in Italy and via satellite around Europe and North America. It is also the first Italian news channel to broadcast live all news bulletins (other channels rebroadcast them during overnight timeslots).
- 1 History
- 2 Availability
- 3 Directors of Rai News
- 4 Programmes
- 5 "Pubblicità" edition
- 6 Journalists
- 7 Editions and Presenters
- 8 Programs Conductors
- 9 Satellite
- 10 References
- 11 External links
The news channel experiments with an innovative model that combines television, internet and digital technologies. The choice of a multi-screen format, widespread use of video conference connections with correspondents and experts, was significant. The research of the separation from narration of the news and opinions about them is one of the strongest points of this channel. Often, videos are broadcast without commentary, and only some subtitles; so as to not bias the viewer.
In the last two months of 2005 the channel has realized various scoops about the Iraq war, knowing about the use of particular arms like white phosphorus or napalm from the American armed forces and the behaviour in war of some Italian soldiers in Nassiriya. From November 2006, when the Italian journalist Corradino Mineo became chief of the television, the channel use a new graphic, similar to BBC World News, changing its old graphic which was similar to Bloomberg Television. Today the channel is seen in 24 hours from 5.9% of people in the news at 8 pm is followed by 1 million of people, currently is planning to move to HD. In March 2012 the study will change after the change took place in December 2011 graphics it all happened due to the rapid increase in public. Mineo will be substituted within February 2013 because he launched his bid in Italian general election.
On February 24, 2013 at 7:00 am, the channel has resumed its old name Rai News24, at the same time adopting a new news room and a graphical slightly modified: the bumpers and graphics of the network have been updated with the new logo.
On September 27, 2015 at 5:15am, the channel has adopted a new news room which is generally all white and improved the graphics design.
On July 11, 2016, the channel has adopted another change in graphics. The logo has changed into a blue box as-well the bottom half of the screen at possibly 5:15am CET, and the clock is now blue at 5:30am CET. The headlines (blue bar) appear to be in a smaller size.
To receive the contents of this news channel 24 hours a day with news bulletins of 15 minutes every half-hour and others 15 minutes of journalistic close examinations about actuality or general news, the weather or economy, it needs the satellite (reception from Hotbird 13° East and Astra 19.2° East) or DVB-T receiver (reception only in Italy); Rai News is available also on IPTV (only in Italy), on Rai 3 from 2 am to 7 am and on Rai 1 from 5.15am to 6am and also via internet streaming internationally. It is also available via Sling TV in the United States. The streaming internet service uses the proprietary format WMV. To reduce the number of bits needed to the coding of the signal, the screen was divided in some windows and the moving signal occupies less than half total pixels, while the other parts of the screen contained what time is in that moment, the titles of the main news, the internet sites where you can deepen the various news and the logo of the program on air in that moment.
Directors of Rai News
- Roberto Morrione (from 1999 to 2006)
- Corradino Mineo (from 2006 to 2013)
- Monica Maggioni (from 2013 to 2016)
- Antonio di Bella (from 2016)
Every half-hour, RaiNews24 provides full comprehensive updates with a 25-minute news bulletin, preceded by a national weather forecast.
- News da 15' (Monday-Saturday at 11:00pm)
- Dentro la notizia
- Decoder. Le immagini che fanno notizia (Images with subtitles in Italian from APTN, Reuters and its affiliates. Similar to No Comment on EuroNews)
- RaiNews24 Economia - heading on the economy.
- Rassegna Stampa - press review of national and international newspapers, in the second part of the review are made to see the local newspapers.
- Il caffè delle 20 - Heading Policy
- Giro di Boa - Actuality resumee
- Americhe - Airs at 22:30 (Monday-Friday during the half-hour, about 12 minutes)
- Sport 24 - Airs at 12:30 and 20:30 (about 20 minutes)
- Studio 24 - Airs at 10:15 and replay at 13:30 (Monday-Friday)
- Il Caffè (every 30 minutes between 6am and 9am during weekends and nightly at 7:30)
- Telegram - Airs at 18:00 (15 minutes)
- Pubblicità - Airs every half-hour between 08:15am and midnight (Wednesday only)
- 08.15 – 09.30 Buongiorno News
- 09.30 – 14.30 Mattina
- 14.30 – 18.30 Pomeriggio
- 18.30 – 19.30 Presera
- 19.30 – 21.30 Primasera
- 21.30 – 00.00 Prime Time
- Josephine Alessio
- Valentina Antonello
- Serena Scorzoni
- Emanuele Bonchino
- Renata Petillo
- Carlotta Macerollo
- Annalisa Fantilli
- Marisa Adinolfi
- Isabella Romano
- Andrea Gerli
- Iman Sabbah
- Giancarlo Usai
- Rino Pellino (RAI Correspondent for Berlin)
- Emma Farnè
- Daiana Paoli
Editions and Presenters
Morning Edition (6am - 12:30pm)
- Pierfrancesco Pensosi 
- Carlotta Macerollo (weekend edition from 5:00 to 6:30am) 
- Paolo Cappelli 
- Valentina Antonello 
- Laura Squillaci
- Giorgia Cardinaletti 
- Maria Grazia Abbate
Afternoon Edition (12:30pm - 5:30pm)
- Mario Forenza
- Andrea Gerli
- Lorenzo di Las Plassas
- Laura Tangherlini 
- Barbara Di Fresco
- Serena Scorzoni 
Evening Edition (7pm - 12:30am)
- Emanuela Bonchino 
- Daiana Paoli 
- Sabrina Bellomo 
- Giancarlo Usai 
- Roberta Rizzo 
- Giuseppina Testoni 
Night Edition (12:30am - 6am)
- Renata Petillo 
- Annalisa Fantilli 
- Josephine Alessio 
- Pierfrancesco Pensosi
- Massimiliano Melilli 
- Maria Buono
- Giovanni Orlando
This is also known as "Rassegna Stampa" in the Italian language. This is done late at night around 11:15pm CET and continues till about 11:50pm CET and then it moves to "Headlines" from around the world. At 00:00am (12am) CET, they do a full press review of going over the headlines that will appear in the Italy's newspapers. After the 00:00am hour, they do a 5-minute press review which mainly focus on the national newspapers. The summer editions of press review are well shorter as they do a quick 5 minutes during the 00:00am CET hour. In the world press review (known as Nel Mondo in Italian language) is done during the second half of the 7am hour at 7:45am CET. They do a press review at 7am, 8:30am and 9:30am. Weekends editions happen at 7:30am.
- Night: Emanuela Bonchino, Sabrina Bellomo, Daiana Paoli
- Morning: Roberto Vicaretti
- World: Paolo Cappelli, Saji Assi, Giovanna Antonelli
- Additional: Andrea Gerli, Giancarlo Usai, Giuseppina Testoni, Renata Petillo, Josephine Alessio, Annalisa Fantilli, Pierfrancesco Pensosi, Carlotta Macerollo, Giovanni Orlando, Massimiliano Melilli, Veronica Fernandes, Giorgia Cardinaletti, Maria Grazia Abbate, Maria Buono
News from CCISS Travel Information
The program is also known as "Notizie dal CCISS Viaggiare Informati" in the Italian language. This airs throughout the day on Rai News 24 with the Italian traffic updates. It doesn't have any exactly time to broadcast.
This is also known as "L'Economia" in the Italian language. This is done at 5:30pm CET and then after the show is over, it switches back to the news. This program talks a lot about economies such as stock markets and a few other things
This covers a wide range of news from local, national and sports. This airs right after The Economy program at 6pm (18:00) CET.
- Antonio di Bella
- Veronica Fernandes (17:45pm CET)
This shows covers all sports that are happening around the world. It also bring in guests to talk about the topic of a sport headline. This show started early March 2015 and it airs at 12:30 and 20:30. Each of these broadcast/programing of this show airs for about 20 minutes.
- Alberto Gioffreda (12:30pm)
- Arianna Secondini (12:30pm)
- Giorgia Cardinaletti (12:30pm)
- Veronica Fernandes (12:30pm)
- Maria Grazia Abbate (12:30pm)
- Andrea Gerli (12:30pm)
- Emilio Fuccillo (20:30pm)
- Giancarlo Usai (20:30pm)
- Roberta Rizzo (20:30pm)
- Annalisa Fantilli (20:30pm)
According to @RaiStudio24 Twitter's page, it state that the show focus on "The political deepening of Rainews24." This airs at 10:15am CET each morning and replays in the afternoon at 13:30pm CET.
- Roberto Vicaretti
- Iman Sabbah
- "Sintesi Mensile 1A" (PDF). Auditel. Retrieved July 6, 2015.
- Editoriale Duesse S.p.A. "Mineo lascia la Rai e approda in politica".
- DM LIVE24: 25 FEBBRAIO 2013. NUOVO STUDIO PER RAI NEWS, GIANNA NANNINI E IL MALLEOLO DI TIZIANO FERRO, davidemaggio.it
- L'impegno Rai per le elezioni – Ufficio Stampa Rai
- "La Rai News di Monica Maggioni: lavori in corso per allestire il nuovo studio (e torna anche il 24 sulla testata)". Caro Televip.
- ""Fai ciò che devi, accada quel che può". A cinque anni dalla morte di Roberto Morrione". Premioro Roberto Morrione.
- "RaiNews: il Cdr denuncia nuovi tagli al budget". Tv Blog IT.
- "Monica Maggioni direttore di Rainews". Prima Online IT.
- "Antonio di Bella nuova direttore di RaiNews". Rai News24.
- "Riccione: premio Ilaria Alpi, ecco i finalisti". Romagna Oggi IT.
- "#Paris nuove minacce contro la redazione di #CharlieHebdo. Non è più qui, ma la solidarietà continua @RaiNews". Twitter.
- "Incontro con Iman Sabbah, giornalista Rai News 24". Liceocapece Gov IT.
- "Gespräch mit Rino Pellino". Sz University - Erlangen Dutch.
- "#istanbul #uskudar la folla si arrampica sui carri armati per bloccarli @RaiNews @giancarlousai #golpeTurchia". Twitter.
- "Pensosi Pierfrancesco". Morlacchi Editore, University Press.
- "Roberto #Saviano sorridente @SalonedelLibro @fabiocappellik @RaiNews @visionidifuturo". Twitter.
- "Tre domande a…Paolo Cappelli". Correrependsando.
- "#speciale elezioni amministrative .rainews24 dalle 23". Twitter.
- "Seguite la diretta su @RaiNews con @RobVicaretti, ospiti e collegamenti da tutto il mondo #Brexit". Twitter.
- "Kakuma, Kenya. Vivere in un campo profughi". Twitter.
- "Bimbo @rai @RaiNews piccoli talenti". Twitter.
- ""Money can't buy life", 35 anni senza Bob Marley". Twitter.
- "Da stasera Tg e rassegna Rainews in matita #JeSuisCharlie". Twitter.
- "New studio. Da domani". Twitter.
- "La redazione". Info Regioni IT.
- "La redazione". Info Regioni IT.
- "@GIUSTESTONI allora cambio il titolo della tua discussione nel forum? :-)". Twitter.
- "RaiNews24". RadioTV Sicilia.
- "Vrooom e il pericolo cellulari quando si guida". Twitter.
- ""l'informazione non conosce tregua" la giornalista @j_alessio spiega la "notte" di". Twitter.
- "Massimiliano Melilli". Editori Riuniti.
- ""OLTRE IL CIELO DI TARANTO" SU RAI NEWS 24". TARANTIAMO. NEWS.
- "People Named Roberta Di Mauro". Pipl.
- "Rossella Diaco (Conduttrice e presentatrice Rai) Roma 10.4.2014 intervista di Gianfranco Gramola". Intervisteromane.net.
- "Stefania Lastella del CCISS è una sosia di Vulvia #tgr #lazio #traffico". Twitter.
- "@fabrizioangeli ieri a Nicosia per il direttivo della BCE, attendendo Mario Draghi, per @RaiNews". Twitter.
- "Giuliana Palmiotta, RaiNews 24". Flickr.
- "#schifosiassassini @PietroGrasso E' morta la donna aggredita e data alle fiamme a Lucca @RaiNews". Twitter.
- "#Heysel, 30 anni la strage nella finale tra #Juventus e #Liverpool". Google Plus.
- "La Rai e il mondiale di Vail-Beaver Creek 2015". Fantaski IT.
- "Presentazione del piano editoriale #rainews #rainews24". Twitter.
- "L'approfondimento politico di Rainews24 sul ch48 del digitale terrestre condotto da Roberto Vicaretti dalle 10.15 alle 11 dal lunedi al venerdi". Twitter.
Media related to RaiNews24 at Wikimedia Commons