||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Rai News 24|
|Launched||April 26, 1999|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV) 16:9|
|Audience share||0.53% (July 2016, )|
|Slogan||All news. All new.|
|Formerly called||RaiNews 24 (1999–2010)
Rai News (2010–2013)
|Sky (Italy)||Channel 508|
|Cyfra+ (Poland)||Channel TBA|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel TBA|
|CanalDigitaal (Netherlands)||Channel TBA|
|Orange TV (France)||Channel 460|
|Cablecom (Switzerland)||Channel 103
Channel 212 (digital CH-D)
|MC Cable (Monaco)||Channel 200|
|Naxoo (Switzerland)||Channel 189|
|Numericable (France)||Channel 79|
|Rogers Cable (Canada)||Channel TBA|
|NOS (Portugal)||Channel TBA|
|TV di FASTWEB||Channel 82|
|Alice Home TV||Channel 506|
|Infostrada TV||Channel 506|
|Bell Fibe TV
|Sling TV||Channel TBA|
Rai News 24 is Italy's first non-stop news and information channel, broadcast on digital terrestrial television in Italy and via satellite around Europe and North America. It is also the only Italian news channel to broadcast live 24/7 (similar to the fact that, every day, between 1am and 6am, when all the other news channels in Itália just play continuous replay loop, RaiNews24 is still LIVE to bring viewers late-breaking news).
RaiNews24 broadcasts full national and international newscasts at the top and bottom of every hour, preceded by national weather forecasts. Traffic information from CCISS is also delivered every half-hour from 8:30 to 18:30 weekdays and from 7:30 to 19:00 weekends. The rest of the schedule has press reviews (morning & night) and various magazines.
This public all-news channel was created on April 26, 1999 thanks to a Service Contract between the Italian public television network RAI and the Italian Minister of Communications. It started broadcasting at 6am.
The news channel experiments with an innovative model that combines television, internet and digital technologies. The choice of a multi-screen format, widespread use of video conference connections with correspondents and experts, was significant.
Until 19/5/2000, the channel broadcast live five days a week (weekdays only) and replayed all weekend. From the following day, it started airing live news seven days a week. Since this time, it becomes the first 24-hour LIVE rolling news channel in Italia.
The research of the separation from narration of the news and opinions about them is one of the strongest points of this channel. Often, videos are broadcast without commentary, and only some subtitles; so as to not bias the viewer.
In the last two months of 2005 the channel has realized various scoops about the Iraq war, knowing about the use of particular arms like white phosphorus or napalm from the American armed forces and the behaviour in war of some Italian soldiers in Nassiriya. From November 2006, when the Italian journalist Corradino Mineo became chief of the television, the channel use a new graphic, similar to BBC World News, changing its old graphic which was similar to Bloomberg Television. Today the channel is seen in 24 hours from 5.9% of people in the news at 8 pm is followed by 1 million of people. In March 2012 the study will change after the change took place in December 2011 graphics it all happened due to the rapid increase in public. Mineo will be substituted within February 2013 because he launched his bid in Italian general election.
On February 24, 2013 at 7:00 am, the channel has resumed its old name Rai News24, at the same time adopting a new newsroom and a graphical slightly modified: the bumpers and graphics of the network have been updated with the new logo.
On September 27, 2015 at 5:15am, the channel has adopted a new newsroom which is generally all white and improved the graphics design.
On July 11, 2016, the channel has adopted another change in graphics. The logo has changed into a blue box as-well the bottom half of the screen at possibly 5:15am CET, and the clock is now blue at 5:30am CET. The headlines (blue bar) appear to be in a smaller size. At the right of it, there is a small orange box, featuring stock markets.
On 4 January 2017, the channel started broadcasting in HD. It also adopted new format for showing logo: it is now seen on the upper left of the screen, while before is on the upper right.
On 9 July 2017, Rai News24 closed in the International after being removed and restored several times during Summer 2017.
To receive the live contents of this news channel 24 hours a day with a half-hour block, which is 15 minutes of news bulletins, 13 minutes of journalistic close examinations about actuality, economy or general news and 2 minutes of national weather, it needs the satellite (reception from Hotbird 13° East and Astra 19.2° East) or DVB-T receiver (reception only in Italy); Rai News is available also on IPTV (only in Italy), on Rai 3 from 2 am to 7 am and on Rai 1 from 5.15am to 6am and also via internet streaming internationally. It is also available via Sling TV in the United States. The streaming internet service uses the proprietary format WMV. To reduce the number of bits needed to the coding of the signal, the screen was divided in some windows and the moving signal occupies less than half total pixels, while the other parts of the screen contained what time is in that moment, the titles of the main news, the internet sites where you can deepen the various news and the logo of the program on air in that moment.
Directors of Rai News 24
- Roberto Morrione (from 1999 to 2006)
- Corradino Mineo (from 2006 to 2013)
- Monica Maggioni (from 2013 to 2016)
- Antonio di Bella (since 2016)
- Josephine Alessio
- Valentina Antonello
- Serena Scorzoni
- Emanuele Bonchino
- Renata Petillo
- Carlotta Macerollo
- Annalisa Fantilli
- Marisa Adinolfi
- Isabella Romano
- Andrea Gerli
- Iman Sabbah
- Giancarlo Usai
- Rino Pellino (RAI Correspondent for Berlin)
- Emma Farnè
- Daiana Paoli
News from CCISS Travel Information
The program is also known as "Notizie dal CCISS Viaggiare Informati" in the Italian language. This airs throughout the day on Rai News 24 with the Italian traffic updates. It doesn't have any exactly time to broadcast.
This program talks a lot about economies such as stock markets and a few other things.
This covers a wide range of news from local, national and sports.
- Antonio di Bella
- Veronica Fernandes
This shows covers all sports that are happening around the world. It also bring in guests to talk about the topic of a sport headline. This show started early March 2015.
- Alberto Gioffreda
- Arianna Secondini
- Giorgia Cardinaletti
- Veronica Fernandes
- Maria Grazia Abbate
- Andrea Gerli
- Emilio Fuccillo
- Giancarlo Usai
- Roberta Rizzo
- Annalisa Fantilli
According to @RaiStudio24 Twitter's page, it state that the show focus on "The political deepening of Rainews24."
- Roberto Vicaretti
- Iman Sabbah
On air since 12 December 2016, this program talk about breaking news and other news of the day.
- Paolo Poggio
- "Sintesi Mensile 1A" (PDF). Auditel. Retrieved July 6, 2015.
- Editoriale Duesse S.p.A. "Mineo lascia la Rai e approda in politica".
- DM LIVE24: 25 FEBBRAIO 2013. NUOVO STUDIO PER RAI NEWS, GIANNA NANNINI E IL MALLEOLO DI TIZIANO FERRO, davidemaggio.it
- L'impegno Rai per le elezioni – Ufficio Stampa Rai
- "La Rai News di Monica Maggioni: lavori in corso per allestire il nuovo studio (e torna anche il 24 sulla testata)". Caro Televip.
- ""Fai ciò che devi, accada quel che può". A cinque anni dalla morte di Roberto Morrione". Premioro Roberto Morrione.
- "RaiNews: il Cdr denuncia nuovi tagli al budget". Tv Blog IT.
- "Monica Maggioni direttore di Rainews". Prima Online IT.
- "Antonio di Bella nuova direttore di RaiNews". Rai News24.
- "Riccione: premio Ilaria Alpi, ecco i finalisti". Romagna Oggi IT.
- "#Paris nuove minacce contro la redazione di #CharlieHebdo. Non è più qui, ma la solidarietà continua @RaiNews". Twitter.
- "Incontro con Iman Sabbah, giornalista Rai News 24". Liceocapece Gov IT.
- "Gespräch mit Rino Pellino". Sz University - Erlangen Dutch.
- "#istanbul #uskudar la folla si arrampica sui carri armati per bloccarli @RaiNews @giancarlousai #golpeTurchia". Twitter.
- "People Named Roberta Di Mauro". Pipl.
- "Rossella Diaco (Conduttrice e presentatrice Rai) Roma 10.4.2014 intervista di Gianfranco Gramola". Intervisteromane.net.
- "Stefania Lastella del CCISS è una sosia di Vulvia #tgr #lazio #traffico". Twitter.
- "@fabrizioangeli ieri a Nicosia per il direttivo della BCE, attendendo Mario Draghi, per @RaiNews". Twitter.
- "Giuliana Palmiotta, RaiNews 24". Flickr.
- "#schifosiassassini @PietroGrasso E' morta la donna aggredita e data alle fiamme a Lucca @RaiNews". Twitter.
- "#Heysel, 30 anni la strage nella finale tra #Juventus e #Liverpool". Google Plus.
- "La Rai e il mondiale di Vail-Beaver Creek 2015". Fantaski IT.
- "Presentazione del piano editoriale #rainews #rainews24". Twitter.
- "L'approfondimento politico di Rainews24 sul ch48 del digitale terrestre condotto da Roberto Vicaretti dalle 10.15 alle 11 dal lunedi al venerdi". Twitter.
Media related to Rai News24 at Wikimedia Commons