Raid: World War II
|Raid: World War II|
|Developer(s)||Lion Game Lion|
505 Games (console retail)
|Engine||Diesel Engine 2.0|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|Genre(s)||First-person shooter, tactical shooter|
Raid: World War II is a four player co-op first-person shooter video game that lets players team up as the Raid crew and venture through events of World War II. The game was developed by Lion Game Lion and was published by Starbreeze Studios for Microsoft Windows.
During World War II, the Nazis are on the verge of winning the war in Europe, bullets do little as the Nazis seem unstoppable. In the meantime, four prisoners of war – Sterling, Rivet, Kurgan and Wolfgang have been freed by “Mrs. White,” a secret British Intelligence Operative, who needs someone to take down Hitler and his Third Reich once and for all. Their objective is to fight the war - without rules or mercy. Their reward is all the Nazi gold they can carry. These specialists are brought together with a purpose, rebel against the Nazi oppression and sabotage the Nazis' chances of victory by sabotaging, assassinate, steal, and pulverise anything bearing the Swastika.
Raid: World War II is developed by Lion Game Lion, a Croatian Starbreeze partner studio, that has developed downloadable content for Payday 2. The team chose to work with Diesel, an engine made by Overkill Software (ex-Grin Studios), because they have an extensive experience on working with the engine. The game has a budget of US$8 million, financed by Starbreeze Studios.
- "PRESS RELEASE MAY 8, 2015". Archived from the original on June 18, 2016.
- "RAID: World War II Soundtrack". Steam. Retrieved 9 Sep 2018.
- "NEWSRAID: World War II Can Be Played as a Single Player Title With AI Companions".
- Faller, Patrick (2017-08-11). "Steal From Hitler This September In Ex-Payday 2 Devs' New FPS, Raid: World War 2". GameSpot. Retrieved 2017-08-11.
- "Starbreeze announces PAYDAY collaboration with independent studio Lion Game Lion".