This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Labels||Warner Music Malaysia|
Muhammad Al Husayan
|Members||Che Amran Idris|
Abu Bakar Md Yatim
|Past members||Nazrey Johani|
Raihan (derived from the Arabic word Rayḥān (Arabic: رَيـحَـان), "Fragrance of Heaven") is a Malaysian nasheed group originally composed of five members that became popular in Malaysia with the release of their debut album Puji-Pujian in October 1996. The group's original line-up comprised Nazrey Johani, Che Amran Idris, Abu Bakar Md Yatim, Amran Ibrahim, and Azhari Ahmad as the leader. Produced by Farihin Abdul Fattah, Puji-Pujian grossed sales of more than 750,000 units in Malaysia alone, with 200,000 units sold within the first two months after its launch, and 3,500,000 units have been sold worldwide, which makes them the most successful Malaysian artist in terms of album sales.
The remaining four members, Nazrey Johani, Che Amran Idris, Abu Bakar Md Yatim, and Amran Ibrahim, have continued releasing albums. So far, Raihan has released a total of 11 albums and has won many awards in Malaysia. Raihan has won AIM Anugerah Kembara three times for their extensive international tours.
Nazrey Johani resigned from Raihan and was replaced by Nordin Jaafar. However, in early January 2007, Nordin Jaafar himself resigned. Zulfadhli also is no more with Raihan since November 2015.
Raihan's motto is 'Pray Hard, Work Smart'.
In 1997, they were invited by Queen Elizabeth II to perform at Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Edinburgh where they also received an honorary letter from Prince Charles for their performance in Commonwealth in Concert. Following that year, they were given the chance to meet the Queen themselves during her visit to Malaysia in 1998 for the 1998 Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur. The group had recorded 2 songs (Seal of The Prophet and God Is The Light) with Yusuf Islam in their second album Syukur.
Raihan is one of the most successful artists in Malaysia, where their debut album, Puji-Pujian is the highest selling album in Malaysia with a total sale of 3,500,000 units thus gaining 12 times Platinum status and Double Platinum in Singapore. Their albums were also well received by the neighbouring country, Indonesia where their fourth album, Koleksi Nasyid Terbaik was sold more than 200,000 units and their tenth album, Bacalah was sold more than 70,000 units in Indonesian market.
Raihan is the third Malaysian artists to perform at the Royal Albert Hall after Siti Nurhaliza and late Sudirman Arshad and the first artist to perform for the second time in 2008 for Evening of Inspiration for Islamic Relief UK where they also have launched their twelfth album, Selawat for the celebration of Mawlid in the very same hall. In 2004, they had a large tour in France covering seven cities: Bordeaux, Marseille, Nantes, Strasbourg, Lille, Lyon and Paris. They also had done a road tour in United Kingdom in cities like Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff, Bristol and Wembley. On 16 July 2005, they have been invited to perform at Canada's Wonderland in Toronto to entertain Muslims visitors. So far they have performed: Australia, Canada, China, France, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Kuwait, Russia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago and United States. By the year 2005, they have done concerts in Indonesia for more than ten times, Thailand for six times, United Kingdom for four times and South Africa for three times.
- Singapore Indoor Stadium (Debut Live Concert)
- Commonwealth Conference in Edinburgh (1997)
- Royal Albert Hall London, Manchester, Glasgow, Birmingham and Bristol (UK)
- Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Brunei Darussalam
- Moscow, Saratov and Mahachkala, Russia
- Trinidad & Tobago, South America
- Toronto, Canada
- Aceh, Medan, Padang, Palembang, Riau, Batam, Bandung, Jakarta, Solo, Jogjakarta, Surabaya, Balikpapan, Gorontalo, Fakfak, Irian Jaya (Indonesia)
- Bangkok, Patani, Narathiwat, Yala, Satun, Thailand
- Kuwait City
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Damascus, Syria
- Algiers, Constantine, Algeria
- Hong Kong
- Paris, Bordeaux, Marseille, Nantes, Lille, Strasbourg, France
- Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Australia
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Anugerah Industri Muzik Malaysia (Music Industry Awards)
- Best New Group (1998)
- Best Nasyid Album (Puji-Pujian) (1998)
- Best Album (Puji-Pujian) (1998)
- Kembara (Explorer) Award (1998)
- Best Duo/Group Vocal Performance in an Album (Syukur) (1999)
- Best Nasyid Album (Syukur) (1999)
- Best Duo/Group Vocal Performance in an Album (Senyum) (2000)
- Best Nasyid Album (Senyum) (2000)
- Kembara (Explorer) Award (2001)
- Best Duo/Group Vocal Performance in an Album (Demi Masa) (2002)
- Best Nasyid Album (Gema Alam) (2004)
- Best Duo/Group Vocal Performance in an Album (Allahu) (2005)
- Best Nasyid Album (Allahu) (2005)
- Best Nasyid Album (Ameen) (2006)
- Kembara (Explorer) Award (2006)
- Best Nasyid Album (Tawakkal) (2007)
- Best Nasyid Song 2009
- Malaysia's best selling album ever (PUJI-PUJIAN – 1.5Mil units) and total album sales of 3.5 million units (to date);
- Starred in Malaysia's first movie with a totally Islamic theme, SYUKUR 21;
- Won many local industry music awards for a variety of achievements including Best Album, Best Vocals, Album of the Year and Most Travelled Artistes, travelled all six continents;
- Accorded the Malaysian Book of Records' Fastest Selling Album (Jan 1997)
- Awarded the Mahabbah award in Dubai (2006)
- Defined the Contemporary Nasyeed music genre, becoming the trendsetters and inspiring many local and international nasyeed acts
- Being the preferred benchmark for nasyeed repertoire and performances
- Appointed Peace Ambassadors representing Malaysia by the Prime Minister Department (2006);
- Launching the annual RAIHAN World Tours (2006) and most significant of all (but seldom mentioned) – inspiring millions of lives to constantly become better Muslims.
- Listed in 50 faces of Malaysia 2008
- Listed The 500 Most Influential Muslim in the World 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016,2017,2018,2019
|Album information||Track listing|
- 01. Puji-Pujian (1996)
- 02. Syukur (1997)
- 03. Senyum (1999)
- 04. Maafkan [with NowSeeHeart, Ajai, Rem, Amir and Man Bai] (1999)
- 05. Koleksi Nasyid Terbaik (compilation) (2000)
- 06. Syukur 21 [Syukur 21 film soundtrack] (2000)
- 07. Demi Masa (2001)
- 08. Gema Alam (2002)
- 09. Brotherhood (2003) [International Release]
- 10. Allahu (2004)
- 11. Ameen (2005)
- 12. Iqra'-Bacalah [Koleksi Terbaik Raihan 1 Dekad] (2005)
- 13. Tawakal (2006)
- 14. The Spirit Of Shalawat (2008)
- 15. Musafir Perjuangan (2010)
- 16. Zikir Teraphy (2011)
- 17. Lagu-Lagu Hafalan (2011)
- Quran 55:5–68
- ""Demi Masa" Album Terakhir Raihan Bersama Azhari". SinarHarapan. Retrieved 27 February 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "Kumpulan Nasyid Raihan". Mesra.net. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- "Honorary Letter from Prince Charles". Raihan Official Site. Archived from the original on 11 July 2009. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- "Award of Malaysia's Best Selling Album Ever". Raihan Official Site. Archived from the original on 24 April 2010. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- "Double Platinum for album Puji-Pujian". Raihan Official Site. Archived from the original on 24 April 2010. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- "Raihan – 2008 – Royal Albert Hall – Part 1". MarkazIslam. Archived from the original on 18 September 2009. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- "Raihan to wow London again". NSTOnline. Retrieved 27 February 2010.[dead link]
- "Performance at Royal Albert Hall". RaihanOfficialSite. Archived from the original on 24 January 2010. Retrieved 27 February 2010.