From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up rail in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rail or rails may refer to:
- A generic term for railroads, railways, rail transport, and related matters
- Track (rail transport), or railway lines, the running surface of a railway
- Rail profile, the cross sectional shape of a railway rail
- Third rail (or conductor rail), a method of providing electric power to a railway train
Science, technology, biology, and medicine
- Picatinny rail, a bracket used on some firearms in order to provide a standardized mounting platform for telescopic sights and other accessories
- Rails or Rallidae, a family of birds which includes crakes, coots, and gallinules
- Guard rail, for protective separation of persons (including those in vehicles) from dangerous places or situations
- Hand rail, for physical support, such as on stairways and steps
- Theatre rail, see batten (theater), from which lighting fixtures, theatrical scenery, tabs or curtains may be hung
- Curtain rail, see curtain, from which curtains are hung
- Door rails, see frame and panel, a horizontal outside member on a door or in a frame and panel construction
- Electrical engineering
- Power supply rail or voltage rail, a single voltage provided by a power supply unit
- Computer Science
- Ruby on Rails, often simply Rails, is an open source web application framework which runs via the Ruby programming language
- The Rails, a British folk-rock band
- Rails (film), a 1929 Italian film directed by Mario Camerini
- Rail (1967 short film), made by Geoffrey Jones for British Transport Films
- RAIL (disambiguation)
- Railway (disambiguation)
- Railways (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "Rail"
- All pages with titles containing "railway "OR" railways"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Rail.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.