Rail Management Corporation
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (May 2008)|
On May 26, 2005, Genesee and Wyoming (G&W) announced that it has agreed to purchase RMC's railroad operations. G&W will pay $243 million in cash and assume $1.7 million in company debt to gain control of 14 short line railroads from RMC across the southeastern United States, as of June 1, 2005. The owners of RMC would then use cash derived from the sale to purchase several radio stations, including WILN, WKMX, KDAY, and WYYX among others.
RMC held controlling interests in the following railroads:
- AN Railway
- Atlantic and Western Railway
- Bay Line Railroad
- Copper Basin Railway
- East Tennessee Railway
- Galveston Railroad
- Georgia Central Railway
- Kentucky West Tennessee (KWT)
- Little Rock and Western Railway
- Meridian and Bigbee Railroad
- Tomahawk Railway
- Valdosta Railway
- Western Kentucky Railway
- Wilmington Terminal Railroad
- Genesee and Wyoming, Inc. (May 26, 2005), Genesee & Wyoming Announces Agreement to Acquire Short Line and Port Railroads from Rail Management Corporation. Retrieved May 27, 2005.
- Trains News Wire (May 26, 2005), G&W to acquire Rail Management Corp. rail operations. Retrieved May 27, 2005.
|This United States rail–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|