Railroad Township, Starke County, Indiana
Location in Starke County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.65 sq mi (94.9 km2)|
|• Land||36.61 sq mi (94.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.11%|
|Elevation||679 ft (207 m)|
|• Density||33.5/sq mi (12.9/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46366, 46374|
|GNIS feature ID||0453779|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.65 square miles (94.9 km2), of which 36.61 square miles (94.8 km2) (or 99.89%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.11%) is water. It is bordered on the north by the Kankakee River.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Dewey Township, LaPorte County (north)
- Jackson Township (northeast)
- Prairie Township, LaPorte County (northeast)
- Wayne Township (east)
- Rich Grove Township, Pulaski County (southeast)
- Cass Township, Pulaski County (south)
- Walker Township, Jasper County (southwest)
- Kankakee Township, Jasper County (west)
- Pleasant Township, Porter County (northwest)
The township contains All Saints Cemetery.
- North Judson-San Pierre School Corporation
- Indiana's 2nd congressional district
- State House District 17
- State Senate District 5
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "Railroad Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-07-05.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.