Railway Estate, Queensland
Map showing Railway Estate on Ross Island, 2016
|Population||2,956 (2011 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Townsville|
Railway Estate is located on the south end of Ross Island, bounded by Ross Creek to the south-west and Ross River to the south-east. The suburb of South Townsville occupies the southern part of the island. There is a large railway yard in the north of the suburb.
Close to the Townsville CBD and the Port of Townsville, Railway Estate is one of the oldest residential communities in the city. The suburb's name reflects that all the land was originally owned by the Queensland Railways Department.
- Caltex 24 hours service station
- OM Convenience (Open 6.30am 9PM 7 all days)
- 10th Avenue Convenience store (open 6 am - 8 pm 7 days/week)
- Railway Parade convenience store
- Fish and chips
- Ann Roberts School of Dance
- Veika hair salon
- Turnstyles hair salon
- Pete Snell barber shop
- Eves embroidery
- Council community centre
- Emergency day care
- Veterinary clinic
- Ross Island Hotel
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Railway Estate". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "Railway Estate (entry 49636)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This North Queensland related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|