|Executive Editor||Nick Kingsley|
|Senior Editor||Chris Jackson|
|News Editor||Andrew Grantham|
|Conference Editor||Felicity Parsons|
|Consultant Editor||Murray Hughes|
|First issue||1835 (1905 as Railway Gazette)|
|Company||DVV Media Group|
|Based in||Sutton, London|
Railway Gazette International is a British monthly business magazine and news website covering the railway, metro, light rail and tram industries worldwide. Available by annual subscription, the magazine is read in over 140 countries by transport professionals and decision makers, railway managers, engineers, consultants and suppliers to the rail industry. A mix of technical, commercial and geographical feature articles, plus the regular monthly news pages, cover developments in all aspects of the rail industry, including infrastructure, operations, rolling stock and signalling.
Railway Gazette International traces its history to May 1835 as The Railway Magazine, when it was founded by Effingham Wilson. The Railway Gazette title dates from July 1905, created to cover railway commercial and financial affairs. In April 1914, it merged with The Railway Times, which incorporated Herapath's Railway Journal, and in February 1935 it absorbed the Railway Engineer. Around this time, it also absorbed The Railway News. It then reflected all aspects of railway activity, particularly in the British Empire and in other areas of the world which used similar technology.
Railway Gazette International is published monthly and Metro Report International twice a year.
Railway Gazette Group
The Railway Gazette Group publishes Railway Gazette International, covering news and features about railways around the world, as well as some urban transport news. Metro Report International is focused on urban transport. Railway Gazette China covers mainline and urban railway news, and is published in Mandarin, while Rail Business UK covers the railway industry in the United Kingdom.
- "Railway Gazette International". abc.org.uk. Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 27 May 2023.
- "2011 Railway Gazette Media Information" (PDF). Railway Gazette International. Archived from the original (PDF) on 30 September 2012. Retrieved 27 May 2023.
- Worms, Laurence (2004). "Wilson, Effingham (1785–1868)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/38136. Retrieved 1 October 2015. (Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
- "Railway periodical literature". Steamindex. 18 February 2011. Retrieved 27 May 2023.
- "A brief history of Railway Gazette". Railway Gazette International. Archived from the original on 24 December 2010. Retrieved 27 May 2023.
- "Looking Forward". Railway Gazette. January 1964.
- "RGI reflects wider horizons". Railway Gazette International. July 1970. p. 721.
- Jackson, Chris (1 May 2007). "A new force in railway publishing". Railway Gazette International. Archived from the original on 15 June 2011. Retrieved 27 May 2023.