Railways of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
|Nijaz Puzić |
|Services||Rail Transport, Rail Construction, Services|
|Revenue||€60.36 million (2017)|
|(€2.16 million) (2017)|
|Total equity||€792.27 million (2017)|
Number of employees
Željeznice Federacije Bosne i Hercegovine (ŽFBH) is the railway company of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is one of the two rail companies of Bosnia and Herzegovina (the other is the ŽRS, operating in the Republika Srpska). The company operates 608 km of railroad.
The company, public and owned by the government of the Federation, was founded in 2001 by the fusion of some public enterprises with the company ŽHB (Željeznice Herceg-Bosne). The network is 601 km long, out of which 392 km is electrified and is built in standard gauge. After extensive rehabilitation, more than 85 percent of the network is now classified as D4 in terms of UIC load categories, allowing maximum loads of 22.5 tons per axle, or 8.0 tons per linear meter.
Public transport of passengers in domestic and international rail traffic, public transport of cargo via domestic and international rail transport and combined transport; maintenance, reconstruction, modernisation, construction of wagon stock and other equipment necessary for offering of transport services; maintenance, remont, modernisation and development of railway infrastructure; organisation and safety of railway transport.
- Nijaz Puzić (Director General)
- Enis Džafić (Executive Director for Economy Affairs)
- Muhamed Sahić (Exec. Dir. for Legal Affairs and Human Resources)
- Vlado Budimir (Exec. Dir. for Railway Operations)
- Mirza Šklajić (Exec. Dir. for Infrastructure)
- Mario Kozina (Exec. Dir. for Investments and Development Affairs)
This section needs expansion with: the list of rolling stock is incomplete. You can help by adding to it. (February 2011)
|JŽ class 441||Electric locomotive||Active|
|HŽ series 6111||Electric multiple unit (EMU)||Active|
|EMD G16||Diesel Locomotive||Active|
|V 100 (ŽFBH 212)||Diesel Locomotive||Active|
|Končar EMV||Electric locomotive||Not Active|
- Republika Srpska Railways
- Rail transport in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- List of companies of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Headquarter's address of ŽFBH
- Management board of ŽFBH
- "Top lista po ukupnim prihodima na nivou Federacije, za sve kompanije". fia.ba (in Bosnian). Finansijsko-informatička agencije BiH. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- Željeznice stands for "railways"
- Track gauge of ŽFBH
-  CIA World Fact Book, 2009
- "About ZFBIH". ZFBIH. Retrieved 8 July 2012.