|Birth name||Raimond Gerard Lap|
December 15, 1959 |
|Genres||Baby music, new-age, pop|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, record producer|
|Labels||Universal, Sony BMG, EMI, many other small record labels|
|Associated acts||Lovely Baby Music, Lovely Family, Music 4 Brains, Kate Mirron, Sleepy Seaside Piano,|
Raimond Lap (born December 15, 1959) is an award-winning composer of music for toddlers and babies. Raimond has been on the Irish Gerry Ryan Show, multiple times on Dutch television and in many newspapers and magazines around the world. His music is currently available in 50 countries. Raimond claims that his music entertains, educates, and makes babies stop crying.
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
As a child, Raimond’s ears were caressed by the sounds of Bach, Mozart, Chopin and Beethoven that his mother frequently charmed out of the piano keys. His father’s guitar and singing got him acquainted with modern music, giving Raimond a solid footing in both worlds. Raimond’s first contact with keys resulted in his composing songs and little compositions. His father took note and arranged piano lessons for the boy. A solid classical education followed in which Raimond amazed his piano teacher with his new compositions. So, immediately after completing secondary education, Raimond went to the conservatory,although never finishing it, learning classical piano, classical composition and theory, and composing light music. Meanwhile, he dove into pop music with great abandon. He started his own pop group and performed throughout the Netherlands. He won a prize for best composition and made his first single. After six years at three conservatories, Raimond set up his own music-lesson practice, giving lessons in piano playing, arranging, general musical theory and composition to children and adults. He developed courses and teaching material and composed film music, commercials and tunes for radio and television. The combination of all these factors contributed to the baby music that he would develop with so much success many years later.
- 1982 - Conamus Price for pop-music
- 1998 - Gold Award in the Netherlands for De Baby CD
- 2001 - Platinum Award in Taiwan for Baby Classics
- 2002 - Platinum Award in Taiwan for Lovely Baby CD 3
- 2003 - Gold Award in France and Belgium for A Baby CD
- 2003 - Dove Family-Approved seal for Baby Classics, Lovely Baby CD 1, Lovely Baby CD 2, Lovely Baby CD 3
- 2004 - Dove Family-Approved seal for Baby Christmas, Lovely Baby CD 4
- 2005 - Parents' Choice Award for Lovely Sleepy Baby
- 2007 - Parents' Choice Award for The Famous Composers Series
- 2007 - The Toy Man Seal of Approval for The Famous Composers Series
More awards and reviews of his albums can be found here.
- Lap, R. (2002). Music on a Baby spoon. Netherlands: RGL Music Future Songs. ISBN 90-807348-1-0
- Radio, Music4Babies.com. Retrieved on 2007-10-27.
- Television, Music4Babies.com. Retrieved on 2007-10-27.
- Newspapers, Music4Babies.com. Retrieved on 2007-10-27.
- Worldwide Availability, www.lovelybabyworldwide.com. Retrieved on 2007-10-27.
- Awards / Reviews, www.lovelybabycd.com. Retrieved on 2007-10-27.