|Headquarters||Dal Fouche Springs, Gauteng, South Africa|
|Chief Engineer & Designer: Vladimir Chechin|
Rainbow Aircraft Pty is a South African aircraft manufacturer based at the Springs Airfield in Dal Fouche Springs, Gauteng. The company specializes in the design and manufacture of flex-wing ultralight trikes and fixed-wing ultralight aircraft.
The company was founded by Mike Blyth in South Africa. Vladimir Chechin came as a visitor to the country from Russia in 1994 and decided to immigrate, finding work at Blyth's company. In 2002 Chechin purchased the company from Blyth.
|Model name||First flight||Number built||Type|
|Rainbow Aerotrike Cobra||70 (2005)||Ultralight trike|
|Rainbow Aerotrike Safari||45 (2000)||Ultralight trike|
|Rainbow Aerotrike Scout||45 (2000)||Ultralight trike|
|Rainbow Aerotrike Spirit||Ultralight trike|
|Rainbow Cheetah||fixed wing ultralight aircraft|
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 73. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Alison, Steve and Athol Franz (March 2009). "History of Rainbow - Vladimir Chechin". Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- Cliche, Andre: Ultralight Aircraft Shopper's Guide 8th Edition, page C-1. Cybair Limited Publishing, 2001. ISBN 0-9680628-1-4
- Bertrand, Noel; Rene Coulon; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2003-04, page 108. Pagefast Ltd, Lancaster OK, 2003. ISSN 1368-485X
- Purdy, Don: AeroCrafter - Homebuilt Aircraft Sourcebook, page 235. BAI Communications. ISBN 0-9636409-4-1
- Downey, Julia: 2000 Trike and 'Chute Directory, Kitplanes, Volume 17, Number 2, February 2000, page 49. Kitplanes Acquisition Company. ISSN 0891-1851
- Downey, Julia: 2005 Trikes 'Chutes and Rotorcraft Directory, Kitplanes, Volume 22, Number 2, February 2005, page 49. Belvoir Publications. ISSN 0891-1851