Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up rainbow coalition in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rainbow Coalition may refer to:
- Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, a U.S. political organization, originally separate entities named PUSH and the National Rainbow Coalition
- Green-Rainbow Party, a U.S. political party, originally separate entities named the Massachusetts Green Party and the Rainbow Coalition of Boston
- Rainbow Coalition (Fred Hampton), an alliance of various U.S. political organizations, including Jose Cha Cha Jimenez and the Young Lords.
- National Rainbow Coalition, a former Kenyan political alliance
- The 24th Government of Ireland, formed by Fine Gael, Labour and Democratic Left parties
- Lipponen I Cabinet and Lipponen II Cabinet (1995-2003), with parties from all parts of the left-right spectrum, were the original "rainbow coalitions" (sateenkaarihallitus) in Finland. Katainen Cabinet and its successor Stubb Cabinet were also characterized as rainbow coalitions.
- The Mizrahi Democratic Rainbow Coalition in Israel
- A group of political parties in Belgium, formed in 1999 under the premiership of Guy Verhofstadt (see Belgium#Government and politics)
- Any coalition government composed of a coalition of several ideologically unrelated political parties united by opposition to one or more dominant parties.
- Rainbow (Netherlands), an alliance of Dutch left-wing political parties from 1989 to 1990.
- (Canada) The informal name of a group of independent MPs in May/June 1990 before they started calling themselves Bloc Québécois.
- Young Lords, A Puerto Rican/Latino/a civil and human rights movement birthed in Lincoln Park,Chicago September 23,1968
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Rainbow Coalition.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.