Rainham (Kent) railway station
|Local authority||Borough of Medway|
|Number of platforms||3|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|25 Jan 1858||Opened as Rainham and Newington|
|1 Aug 1862||Renamed Rainham|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Rainham from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Rainham railway station is on the Chatham Main Line in England, serving the town of Rainham, Kent. It is 38 miles 74 chains (62.6 km) down-line from London Victoria and is situated between Gillingham and Newington.
In official literature it is shown as Rainham (Kent) in order to distinguish it from the station of the same name in Greater London.
Typical off-peak services are:
- 2 tph to London St Pancras via Gravesend and Ebbsfleet International (High Speed)
- 1 tph to London St Pancras via Faversham, Ramsgate, Deal, Dover Priory and Ashford International (High Speed)
- 1 tph to Faversham (High Speed)
- 3 tph to London Victoria via Bromley South with 1 tph stopping at Denmark Hill (Main Line)
- 2 tph to Dover Priory via Canterbury East (Main Line)
- 1 tph to Ramsgate via Faversham and Margate (Main Line)
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Chatham Main Line
High Speed 1
As part of the rebuild of Rochester Station, a new Up Bay Platform has been added.
Trains are now able to use this new platform as the East Kent Resignalling Project has been completed. At present, only a couple of trains use it in the evening rush hour.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- "Planning permission for new Rochester station". Southeastern Railway. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Network Rail unveils plans for new railway station in Rochester, UK". Retrieved 30 January 2014.
Media related to Rainham (Kent) railway station at Wikimedia Commons
|This article on a railway station in Kent is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|