Rainham (Kent) railway station
|Local authority||Borough of Medway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|25 Jan 1858||Opened as
Rainham and Newington
|1 Aug 1862||Renamed Rainham|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Rainham (Kent) from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
See also: Medway Towns railway map
Rainham station is 38 miles and 1694 yards from London Victoria, according to the mileage sign on the footbridge.
Ticket barriers are in operation, but there is a gate on the eastbound platform that is sometimes open.
The station currently has two platforms, with a third due to be opened by Winter 2015.
Typical off-peak services are:
- 2tph to London St Pancras via Ebbsfleet International
- 2tph to London Victoria via Chatham and Bromley South
- 4tph to Faversham, of which two terminate at Faversham and two split there, one portion continuing to Dover Priory via Canterbury East and the other to Ramsgate via Margate
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Chatham Main Line
High Speed 1
As part of the rebuild of Rochester Station, it is proposed that Rainham will inherit an additional platform. 
Building works for this new station were begun towards the end of 2014. There is also a proposed new high speed train and track coming through Rainham to shorten the journey time for commuters between Dover and London.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- "Planning permission for new Rochester station". Southeastern Railway. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Network Rail unveils plans for new railway station in Rochester, UK". Retrieved 30 January 2014.
Media related to Rainham (Kent) railway station at Wikimedia Commons
|This article on a railway station in Kent is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|