Raise 'Em Up
|"Raise 'Em Up"|
|Single by Keith Urban featuring Eric Church|
|from the album Fuse|
|Released||26 January 2015|
|Keith Urban singles chronology|
|Eric Church singles chronology|
"Raise 'Em Up" is a song written by Tom Douglas, Jaren Johnston and Jeffrey Steele and recorded by New Zealand-born Australian country music singer Keith Urban as a duet with American country music singer Eric Church. It was released in January 2015 as the fifth international single, sixth overall and final single from Urban's 2013 album Fuse.
According to Urban, when he sent a demo to Church with the intent of having him serve as a duet partner on it, Church asked, "How do you write a song as good as that?" and Urban replied that he did not write the song. Regarding his own reaction to hearing the demo, Urban said that "I was floored" and added, "There’s so much imagery in the song and it’s written in such a way that you can fill in all the blanks. I love that kind of style of songwriting".
Billy Dukes of Taste of Country reviewed the single favorably, saying that "In barely three minutes, Urban’s new single from ‘Fuse’ goes from a wild weekend to raising kids, all while hinting at the preciousness of time. Rarely is so much said in so little time with so much efficiency and emotion."
As of June 2015, the song has sold 250,000 copies in the US. On August 16, 2019, the single was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for combined sales and streaming data of over 500,000 units in the United States.
From Fuse liner notes.
- Nathan Chapman — programming, bass guitar, keyboards, background vocals
- Eric Church — lead vocals
- Keith Urban — all vocals, electric guitar, acoustic guitar
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Newman, Melinda (29 January 2015). "Behind the Song: Keith Urban's "Raise 'Em Up" With Eric Church". Country Weekly. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- Dukes, Billy (15 January 2015). "Keith Urban (Feat. Eric Church), 'Raise 'Em Up' – ToC Critic's Pick Read More: Keith Urban (Feat. Eric Church), 'Raise 'Em Up'". Taste of Country. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- Matt Bjorke (June 3, 2015). "Country Music's Top 30 Digital Singles: Week of June 3, 2015". Roughstock. Sales figure given here
- "RIAA Certifications - Keith Urban". Retrieved March 1, 2020.
- "Keith Urban | Raise 'Em Up | VEVO – Yahoo Screen". Yahoo! Screen. Archived from the original on April 2, 2015. Retrieved April 2, 2015.
- Fuse (Deluxe Edition) (CD booklet). Keith Urban. Capitol Records Nashville/Hit Red Records. 2013. B0019113-02.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Keith Urban Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Keith Urban Chart History (Canada Country)". Billboard.
- "Keith Urban Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Keith Urban Chart History (Country Airplay)". Billboard.
- "Keith Urban Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2015: Country Airplay". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2015. Retrieved December 9, 2015.
- "Best of 2015: Hot Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2015. Retrieved December 9, 2015.
- "American single certifications – Keith Urban – Raise Em Up". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved August 24, 2019. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.