Raisin bran (sultana bran in some countries) is a breakfast cereal manufactured by several companies under a variety of brand names, including Kellogg's Raisin Bran, General Mills' Total Raisin Bran and Post Foods' Post Raisin Bran.
- The name "Raisin-BRAN" could not be appropriated as a trade-mark, because: "A name which is merely descriptive of the ingredients, qualities or characteristics of an article of trade cannot be appropriated as a trademark and the exclusive use of it afforded legal protection. The use of a similar name by another to truthfully describe his own product does not constitute a legal or moral wrong, even if its effect be to cause the public to mistake the origin or ownership of the product." 
Kellogg's Sultana Bran received four and a half stars out of five on the Australian Government's health star ratings system.
- "What Is a Sultana?". wiseGEEK. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- Skinner v. Kellogg 143 F.2d 895. August 4, 1944.
- "Kellogg Raisin' a Fuss; Cereal Maker Says WIC Food Guidelines Barring Bran as Too Sugary Are All Wet". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2008-03-20.
- Han, Esther (20 April 2015). "Food health star ratings: Kellogg's reveals the cereal that gets 1.5 stars". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- Post Raisin Bran Official website
- Sultana Bran
- All-Bran Sultana Bran
- A quantitative analysis of Kellogg's Raisin Bran (Science Creative Quarterly)
|This food-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|