Raising My Voice
|Language||English, German, Norwegian, French, Dutch, Danish, Spanish, Romanian, Portuguese, Italian|
|Publisher||Scribner/Simon & Schuster (USA and Canada), PIPER (Germany), Spartacus (Norway), Pan Macmillan (Australia), Rider (UK), Presses de la Cité (France), De Geus (The Netherlands), Piemme (Italy), VERA Books (Denmark), Kailas Books (Spain), All publishing house (Romania), Quidnovi (Portugal)|
|Media type||Hardcover, Paperback|
|Pages||229 (U.S. ed.)|
Joya has written her memoir with Canadian writer Derrick O'Keefe. The US and Canadian version of the book was published in October 2009 by Scribner under the title A Woman Among Warlords: The Extraordinary Story of an Afghan Who Dared to Raise Her Voice  in 229 pages in the US edition. The Australian and British versions had already been published by Pan Macmillan  and Rider  under the title of Raising my Voice: The Extraordinary Story of an Afghan Who Dared to Raise Her Voice. The book has also been published in German (Ich erhebe meine Stimme) by PIPER, in Norwegian (Kvinne blant krigsherrer) by Spartacus, in French (Au nom de mon peuple) by Presses de la Cité, In the Netherlands ("Een vrouw tussen krijgsheren+) by De Geus, in Italy ("Finché avrò voce") by Piemme, in Denmark ("MIN LYKKES FJENDER") by VERA Books, in Spain ("Una mujer contra los señores de la guerra") by Kailas Books, in Romania ("IN NUMELE POPORULUI MEU") by All publishing house  and in Portugal ("Jóia Afegã, Uma Mulher Entre os Senhores da guerra) by Quidnovi 
Publishers Weekly writes: "Joya was outspoken in condemning these warlords she called “criminals” and “antiwomen,” enduring the shutting off of her microphone, assassination threats and, finally, suspension from Parliament. Joya is on a dangerous, eye-opening mission to uncover truth and expose the abuse of power in Afghanistan, and her book will work powerfully in her favor." 
Noam Chomsky writes: "Perhaps the most remarkable feature of this inspiring memoir is that despite the horrors she relates, Malalai Joya leaves us with hope that the tormented people of Afghanistan can take their fate into their own hands if they are released from the grip of foreign powers, and that they can reconstruct a decent society from the wreckage left by decades of intervention and the merciless rule of the Taliban and the warlords who the invaders have imposed upon them." 
The Independent Weekly: "Raising My Voice is an inspiring story of courage and Malalai Joya’s struggle against oppressive regimes, given that attempts have been made on her life and more are imminent, and her public defiance of male politicians is most impressive. She makes the case very clearly that foreign aid is going to the tribal warlords and not the people who desperately need assistance." 
- [dead link]
- Joya, Malalai (2009-10-22). "A Woman Among Warlords: The Extraordinary Story of an Afghan Who Dared to Raise Her Voice (Hardcover)". Amazon. ISBN 143910946X.
- "Pan Macmillan Australia: About the Book". Panmacmillan.com.au. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- "Ebury - Raising my Voice: The extraordinary story of the Afghan woman who dares to speak out". Eburypublishing.co.uk. 2009-07-16. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110719073038/http://www.piper-verlag.de/sachbuch/buch.php?id=13464. Archived from the original on July 19, 2011. Retrieved December 1, 2009. Missing or empty
- Kjetil Vikene / Naso.no. "Kvinne blant krigsherrer- Spartacus Forlag AS". Spartacus.no. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- ASIN 2258080800
- Over de auteur Malalai Joya (2010-02-06). "Een vrouw tussen krijgsheren - Boeken - Uitgeverij De Geus". Degeus.nl. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- "Finché avrò voce - Malalai Joya | Libri | Edizioni Piemme". Edizpiemme.it. 2010-02-26. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- www.clickcode.es. "Kailas-Una mujer contra los senores de la guerra - Logintegral libros – www.logintegral-libros.com". Logintegral-libros.com. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- "In Numele Poporului Meu - Editura All". All.ro. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- publicada por QuidNovi (2004-02-26). "QuidNovi: Uma voz de coragem vinda do Afeganistão". Quidnovipt.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- "A Woman Among Warlords: The Extraordinary Story of an Afghan Who Dared to Raise Her Voice by Malalai Joya | 9781439109465 | Hardcover | Barnes & Noble". Search.barnesandnoble.com. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- Miller, Rebecca. "Library Journal — Library News, Reviews, and Views". Libraryjournal.com. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20090927091705/http://rabble.ca/malalai_joya_tour. Archived from the original on September 27, 2009. Retrieved December 1, 2009. Missing or empty
- "InDaily | Adelaide News » Daily Independent News". Independentweekly.com.au. 2013-05-27. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- Defense Committee for Malalai Joya
- 'Bravest woman in Afghanistan' spearheads anti-war movement, By Peter Goodspeed, National Post, November 21, 2009
- Book Review: Raising My Voice by Malalai Joya, By Mike, ServeThePeople Blog, September 21, 2009
- Raising My Voice: The Extraordinary Story of the Afghan Woman Who Dares to Speak Out by Malalai Joya, By Christina Lamb, published in The Sunday Times, July 13, 2009
- Book review: Raising My Voice, Malalai Joya, By Greg Ellott, The Independent Weekly, Aug.14, 2009