Raison, Himachal Pradesh
Raison is a stopover which has vast camping grounds maintained by Himachal Pradesh Tourism.
Raison is a small cluster of villages on the banks of Bias river about 12 km north of Kullu. It is famous for camping sites and starting point for white water rafting on Bias river. Recently a mineral water unit by "Catch" has been set up here. It is said that the mineral water is pure spring water and bottled after sterilization. This place is also famous for rural centre of Rajendra Prasad National Ophthalmology Centre (AIIMS) where summer camps for various ophthalmological diseases are held every year.
- Type:- stopover.
- Climate:-In winters the temperature falls down to about 1-2 degree Celsius and summers are pleasant.
- Height:- 1435m.
- Distance from Kullu:- 12 km. (on Manali highway).
- Distance from Manali:- 29 km.
- Distance from Delhi:- 575 km.
- Distance from Shimla:- 232 km.
- Nearest broad gauge railhead:- 292 km. (Chandigarh)
- Airport:- 22 km. (Kullu Airport)
|This Himachal Pradesh location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to camping is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|