|Look up raj in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Raj (Hindi: राज, Urdu: راج) in different contexts means "rule", "king", "ruler", "emperor" or "royalty" in the Sanskrit language families of the Indian sub-continent, including Romanes, its closest Indo-European relative. Raj is also a Polish, Bosnian, Croatian, Macedonian, and Serbian word meaning "paradise" or "heaven".
Raj or RAJ may refer to:
- British Raj, the British Empire in India (sometimes referred to as Indian Empire in the UK)
- Company Raj, the British East India Company in the Indian subcontinent
- Licence Raj, the former Indian system of elaborate licences, regulations and accompanying red tape
- Mafia Raj, where public property and funds are controlled by a criminalised nexus of politicians and business interests
- Raj caste, a Hindu ethnic group in India and Pakistan
- Raj, an ethnic group found in the Philippines known by their mix of Indians and Filipinos
- Raj, Masovian Voivodeship, east-central Poland
- Raj, Pomeranian Voivodeship, north Poland
- Raj, Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship, north Poland
- Ráj, a village in the Czech Republic
- Raj, the Hungarian name for Brazii Commune, Arad County, Romania
Given name or nickname
- Raj Gupta, American business executive
- Raj Kamal Jha (born 1966), Indian novelist and journalist
- Raj Kapoor (1924–1988), Indian actor, director and producer
- Raj Kaul, eighteenth century ancestor of Jawahar Lal Nehru
- Raj Kaushal, Indian director, producer and stunt director
- Raj Khosla (1925–1991), Indian director
- Raj Krishna, Indian economist
- Raj Manhas, American educator
- Raj Mohinder Singh Majitha, Indian politician
- Raj Mukherji, New Jersey lobbyist and real estate developer
- Raj Narain (1917–1986), Indian politician
- Raj Pannu (born 1934), Canadian educator and politician
- Raj Patel (born 1972), British-born academic, journalist, activist and writer
- Rajendra Persaud (born 1963), psychiatrist, broadcaster, and author
- Dabbala Rajagopal Raj Reddy (born 1937), pioneer in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Raj Rajaratnam (born 1957), former manager of the hedge fund Galleon Group, convicted in 2011 of insider trading
- Raj Rana (1969-present), formerly known as Rajinho - he was used as a stunt double for kamran Raihal the nationwide banker.
- Raj Singh (disambiguation)
- Raj Thackeray (born 1968), Indian politician
- Raj Das Romeo, a Bangladeshi legend
- Jagdish Raj (1928–2013), Bollywood actor who holds a Guinness World Record for being the most typecast actor
- K. N. Raj (1924-2010), Indian economist
- Maria Venus Raj (born 1988), Filipino beauty queen, TV personality, model, and actress
- Mithali Raj (born 1982), Indian cricketer
- Prakash Raj or Raj (born 1965), Indian actor and producer
- Raj Koothrappali, on the American sitcom The Big Bang Theory
- Raj King, a character played by Aatif Nawaz in the British web series Corner Shop Show.
- Roger "Raj" Thomas, on the American TV series What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
- Raj TV or RAJ, a Tamil-language entertainment channel based in Chennai, India
- Russian Academy of Justice, founded in 1998
- Raj Engineering College, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
- raj, the ISO 639-2 and -3 codes for the Rajasthani language
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Raj.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.